SunGarbage I mean SunGard

Guest Retnitorp
shwusyrtnts, Do you or did you notice if that film has any iridescence or any interferece fringes when looking at the non-liner side.? :beer

Did you send them pics like the ones you posted here, or did they even ask you to send any?

Sounds like captin bill is going to take care of you on this, Nice to see you taking care of this Bill......... :thumb

I sent them pictures, original paper work, warranty card, new paper work, the film and more pictures. As far as Bill goes this is not the first time he has tried to blow smoke up my arse (or any elses) after reading a bit here on these forums. So take this thread as a warning not a resolution from Sungard as they had 90 dsys to resolve this and choose NOT to.

I am not sure what you mean by "interference fringes"....." Rainbow look to the film"..."oil slick looking" under your shop lites, but I did see clear spots in the die on several rolls of film (sometimes in more than one spot) but mostly one spot every few feet. Still, a wasted window non the less.

Any SunGard users who would like the roll numbers of the failed rolls-I have them. Also I am curious as to why you think Bill is taking care of this as this is the result of 90 days of pleading to get my warranties resolved to no avail. When I now go public he is "clueless" to my situation. Pfft

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post this thread about this unfortunate film issue. I just wanted to chime in before this thread gets too out of control. I don’t know what was said between you and your distributor, but I want to personally assure you that you will be fully compensated and then some, for the trouble this issue has caused you. I fully believe that if there is a legitimate problem with our product we will stand behind it.

I ask you to contact me directly at Bstewart@solamatix.com and leave me your contact phone number. I would like to discuss the best possible way to settle this issue and make sure you are not affected financially.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Bill Stewart

North American Sales and Operations Manager

Solamatrix

What i said was "Sounds like captin bill is going to take care of you on this" not that he will, So if he blows smoke up your azz on this, post it here for all to see, However what i do not like in what he said i put in yellow.

But if he takes care of you on this issue be sure to post that as well.

Your first clue should have been when you noticed an issue as you said on here, you seen clear spots as you pulled it from a new box, but yet you still put it on, why did you still put the film on from that same roll?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
shwusyrtnts, Do you or did you notice if that film has any iridescence or any interferece fringes when looking at the non-liner side.? :beer

Did you send them pics like the ones you posted here, or did they even ask you to send any?

Sounds like captin bill is going to take care of you on this, Nice to see you taking care of this Bill......... :thumb

I sent them pictures, original paper work, warranty card, new paper work, the film and more pictures. As far as Bill goes this is not the first time he has tried to blow smoke up my arse (or any elses) after reading a bit here on these forums. So take this thread as a warning not a resolution from Sungard as they had 90 dsys to resolve this and choose NOT to.

I am not sure what you mean by "interference fringes"....." Rainbow look to the film"..."oil slick looking" under your shop lites, but I did see clear spots in the die on several rolls of film (sometimes in more than one spot) but mostly one spot every few feet. Still, a wasted window non the less.

Any SunGard users who would like the roll numbers of the failed rolls-I have them. Also I am curious as to why you think Bill is taking care of this as this is the result of 90 days of pleading to get my warranties resolved to no avail. When I now go public he is "clueless" to my situation. Pfft

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to post this thread about this unfortunate film issue. I just wanted to chime in before this thread gets too out of control. I don’t know what was said between you and your distributor, but I want to personally assure you that you will be fully compensated and then some, for the trouble this issue has caused you. I fully believe that if there is a legitimate problem with our product we will stand behind it.

I ask you to contact me directly at Bstewart@solamatix.com and leave me your contact phone number. I would like to discuss the best possible way to settle this issue and make sure you are not affected financially.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Bill Stewart

North American Sales and Operations Manager

Solamatrix

What i said was "Sounds like captin bill is going to take care of you on this" not that he will, So if he blows smoke up your azz on this, post it here for all to see, However what i do not like in what he said i put in yellow.

But if he takes care of you on this issue be sure to post that as well.

Your first clue should have been when you noticed an issue as you said on here, you seen clear spots as you pulled it from a new box, but yet you still put it on, why did you still put the film on from that same roll?

First about the clear spots. Okay so I would tint the window then upon the final inspection/cleaning, I would notice the clear spots at that time. That's what I mean by the film having spots out of the box. I did have a couple of times where I did see the clear spot before installing and would just cut and trash that piece. I also had exchanged this specific roll with Courage, and they assured me that SunGard was sure it was fixed. This went on for about 6 months with several rolls and exchanges. I have it all documented and I am sure Courage will confirm this as they gain nothing from lying. My gut tells me they are being lied to as well so what they told me was true based on what they were told by the manufacturer.

Second why I say that about Bill is I had some adhesive failures some years back and had been told by my distributor at that time (ECP) that SunGard would not cover my warranties. I ended up making the switch to Global and about 6 months later ran into Bill at SEMA. He then told me it would be taken care of thru ECP and he would make it happen. I received a single roll of film as compensation for about 10-15 vehicles, which did not cover all of the re-do's I did. I may have pics on here somewhere, but it would be from about 2006. Also I say this because I really believe that Courage was not lying to me because they had the same exact story every time I called and even offered to give me a few rolls of their own house brand to make good for SunGard. Also this has been going on for 3 months. I find it hard to believe that Courage never sent in my pictures, bad film, or warranty claims as they are in the business of GREAT customer service and customer loyalty. I do, however, have proof and personal experience in SunGard lying and cutting corners year after year and their track record shows it.

Lastly I will definitely let you all know if something comes of this. It has just been one headache after another with SunGard and I want to warn others. It's time we all stick together and get rid of the overpriced corporate con artists selling cheap film as top shelf product! You want to cut corners to save money manufacturers take it outta your pay not out of the quality of the film.

screw me once shame on you , screw me twice shame on ME !!!!

the adhesive problem I had years ago was due to my using joy dish soap.

ok, the new CEO who was supposed to "take them in a new direction" before they went belly up decided to cut manu cost's, so they got cheap with there adhesive. this is the end result of that decision. adhesive failure across the board in there auto line.

it is my fault but these issues do NOT exist according to them and I am the "only" one with this issue.

of course you are, you dont think they would tell you all there other dealers were having the same problem. would you... why arent they making good on the warranty's, and why are you paying out of your pocket for the redo's.

FWIW, we got stuck with $3500+ dollars in warranty work when they went belly up, that was all auto film.

Well they are claiming that because not ALL of the windows were done legal that they cannot warranty any of it. So for exact example I have a mazda from ILL. the law is any % on the rear and nada on the front or 35% the whole car. Well I did the whole car 5% so they will not warranty even the back glass for me I assume because the fronts are illegal or that's what I was told.

So my thoughts are if it is going to fail so quickly than I don't need to use them anyways. But I still don't want other tinters who care about their reputation to think they are the only ones this is happening to..........SUN-GARD IS LYING TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE.

Quality of film aside, you put 5% all around and make a claim I don't think anyone's gonna reimburse you. I understand your frustration especially with that line as I've been there myself, but an install is either legal or illegal, no grey area here and illegal claims get rejected. The exposure you've brought here up may help with an exception though.

Good luck!

sungard used to be my favorite film when it was made right 8-10 years ago..

Ummm ok :blink:

:spit well that was speaking of desert smoke and endurance and it may have been more than 10 yrs ago but we had zero issues for years with those two lines but when they started going south it went south quick :thumb

:poke well that was speaking of desert smoke and endurance and it may have been more than 10 yrs ago but we had zero issues for years with those two lines but when they started going south it went south quick :poke

:nope

guest, I'm shocked you say you never had a the very least fading issues or adhesive failures tinting down in Florida where my issues with these things took place up here in Canada. I must have grabbed the wrong mounting solution by accident for every install of sungard and had a mysterious ozone depletion hole over my area during this time. The day I switched to Llumar, I must have grabbed the right mounting solution bottle back up and the ozone hole grew back over my city . It's all I can come up with :evilgrin

ok, the new CEO who was supposed to "take them in a new direction" before they went belly up decided to cut manu cost's, so they got cheap with there adhesive. this is the end result of that decision. adhesive failure across the board in there auto line.

it is my fault but these issues do NOT exist according to them and I am the "only" one with this issue.

of course you are, you dont think they would tell you all there other dealers were having the same problem. would you... why arent they making good on the warranty's, and why are you paying out of your pocket for the redo's.

FWIW, we got stuck with $3500+ dollars in warranty work when they went belly up, that was all auto film.

Well they are claiming that because not ALL of the windows were done legal that they cannot warranty any of it. So for exact example I have a mazda from ILL. the law is any % on the rear and nada on the front or 35% the whole car. Well I did the whole car 5% so they will not warranty even the back glass for me I assume because the fronts are illegal or that's what I was told.

So my thoughts are if it is going to fail so quickly than I don't need to use them anyways. But I still don't want other tinters who care about their reputation to think they are the only ones this is happening to..........SUN-GARD IS LYING TO ME AND EVERYONE ELSE.

Quality of film aside, you put 5% all around and make a claim I don't think anyone's gonna reimburse you. I understand your frustration especially with that line as I've been there myself, but an install is either legal or illegal, no grey area here and illegal claims get rejected. The exposure you've brought here up may help with an exception though.

Good luck!

And that is understood but the film is still %&$#!! Why cant they warranty the rear of the car then that is legal? Why would they no at least work with me legal or not the film is junk. Also their are completely legal jobs that got denied too.

Good luck!

And one last thing....... I DID NOT START THIS THREAD TO GET A RESOLUTION (it is far past that now!) BUT TO START A REVOLUTION! I will not stand for this from SunGard or any Manufacturer any more!! They have lied and lied again and again and I have the proof that it is inferior film as it rolls in everyday!!!

I understand that all film may go bad but with these guys it has been non stop issues with their film on multiple lines and the end result is ALWAYS installer error lol

No matter the film manny, no one is gonna warranty work that is installed illegally, no matter how much they are in fault. Read the tiny, tiny words on your warranty papers...It is a very effective way of protecting themselves from warranty work imo, not many jobs are done 100% legal in the tint world.

We had issues with sungard too, before they went bankrupt, they sent us 20ft of film for the warranty probs on two cars. Global is nice, but they will and do sell to anyone, the cheap ass up the road sells global now, but he is also selling sungard, so fingers crossed...lol

Hey everyone I think I missed an important bit of information here more about my business, not the film. I was reading through here and noticed a few people had asked if I tried other manufactures films. Yes I do, and that's really why I am so upset. I carry 2-3 different tiers of film. Economy (EWF lower priced lines), Lifetime(GP Max) , and Premium Lifetime (SunGard Shadow, OTI, ASWF, and a sample of Galaxy).

Well the only one I am having ANY comebacks on is the shadow. I am doing nothing different with the non-SG films except the other films get a baby shampoo/water mixture. So you see their is more than just the "it's not tinted legally" issue to be had here.

So I understand that I tinted illegally and that it will not be warrantied. I AM OVER THAT

I swear that if this was OTI, ASWF, SolarGuard or ant other of ANY product I use, that I would be right here in the same type of forums typing the same stuff about them. This is my bread and butter and SunGard sold me moldy bread and old butter and I want the world to see the proof so no one else ever has to deal this headache.

Archived