SunGarbage I mean SunGard

So, what are everyones thoughts in what changes will happen now that Madico owns them???

I hope Madico doesn't screw with the film. The new NR line has been nice and a big change from the old desert smoke days. I used the old film for years and hated it. No choice since the shop I worked for carried it. Poor adhesive, faded to clear way to quick and the film was always changing and getting worst.

The new film seems to really have changed. I think its still to soon to tell how well things are going to hold up. What worries me is the name Madico. Never like Madico due to the color and quality. For the price Lulu was always leaps and bounds better. Even SunTek was several steps above. :twocents

With the new purchase of SunGard it keeps me looking at back up plans. Hoping things stay the same and the price doesn't get screwed up.

I'm with you and never cared for Madico. I hope they don't screw with SunGard film or the price. Also I hope they don't change the name because SunGard sounds so much better than Madico.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, what are everyones thoughts in what changes will happen now that Madico owns them???

:lol2 If Madico is now involved be prepared to spend waaaayyy more for it :lol:thumb

Don't get me wrong because I love SunGard but if Madico tries to raise prices on SunGard then most likely they too will be soon looking to sell off the SunGard brand.

:lol2 If Madico is now involved be prepared to spend waaaayyy more for it :spit:lol2

Don't get me wrong because I love SunGard but if Madico tries to raise prices on SunGard then most likely they too will be soon looking to sell off the SunGard brand.

Yep, count on it :thumb

The #1 reason a manufacturer cannot pay an installer to perform a warranty on an illegal installation is not because they want a way out. It is because they do not want to be held liable for what might happen because of that illegal installation.

Crazy as it sounds anyone tinting illegally is one accident away from a nasty lawsuit.

The #1 reason a manufacturer cannot pay an installer to perform a warranty on an illegal installation is not because they want a way out. It is because they do not want to be held liable for what might happen because of that illegal installation.

Crazy as it sounds anyone tinting illegally is one accident away from a nasty lawsuit.

I understand that but this is not just illegal tint jobs that are failing. It is not just one roll either. It is 38%, 20% and 5%. If you go back to the original post you can see it is one legal job, one 20 and one 5. I have 9 jobs I have redone out of my pocket. ALL CLAIMS WERE DENIED. I tried for 90 days plus to resolve this before coming here and starting this thread.

As far as the HP goes when I get back from vacation I have some pics and video of that failing too. Removes like Saran wrap and I was using ultra bond as recommended by FTI. LOL what a waste of money that was. But o. The other hand I have had a few of the HP CH li e that was a monster to remove so go figure?

I have moved on to better films but as long as the sungarbage rolls thru the door I will keep this thread alive with proof in pictures. Heck I'll show anyone who wants to see my invoices for the last 3 years and the loyalty to sungarb and the fact that it is really sungard films failing.

On last thing I want to address is that it has been made clear to me by Gary at courage that this is like a "joke" or fun for me. Well that is crap! I support myself and family with tinting and this situation is NOT fun for me in any way! This killed me I had to take money from my Vegas marriage to get in more film to put on these custys cars and that HURTS, mentally to tell someone I love so much that we can't get married because of this chitty situation.

So THIS IS NOT FUN OR AMUSING TO ME IT IS STRAIGHT UP BS NO MATTER HOW I LOOK AT IT. And it also hurts my reputation locally so again NOT "fun".

Sorry for any misspelled words I am on a phone to post this.

I can't comment on SunGard's lower level films but I have been using SunGard Perform X slate with no issue since their restructure. We have been in business here for going on 16 years without too many issues at all and when there have been issues Bill has always taken care of them. I only met Bill once but so far every time he said he will do something for me he has. I don't think that Shadow is SunGard's premium or high performance film. I believe it is just above the their economy line. Again, I can't comment on Shadow because I haven't used it but SunGard, Perform X Slate and Bill Stewart have been good to me so far.

Regardless of top of the line or not it is being sold as a color stable lifetime film. And 6 weeks to currently 6 months is FAR FAR FAR AWAY from lifetime. I have remVu no name film lasting longer that this "lifetime" film.

Guest tint14u

Well i just wanted to say that i have been laying sun gard for about 3 years now, the only issue i have had with any automotive film was when they had me lay some film they had just constructed called black lava , which thank god it stayed where it stayed. Now i use all the nr films amd love it. I also use nothing but sungard for my residential and commercial film. Now as far as Bill from solomatrix i dont know his history from the past with sungard but from what i have read here, but my opinion of him as a person and business side he has done nothing but give me full support! And my sales rep that i have has always went way out of here way to make sure i have what me and my customers need. Im not to accepting of the madico issue . But until i see it hurting me and my bottom line i will stick with them! :beer

Archived