2007 Jeep Wrangler

pbalentine

i always hate to cut around shocks myself, but for some reason the last couple of jeep BG i've done have come back on me because the film started to twist under wear the shock mounts. I think it was due to the fact that the shock mount turn as the glass is raised and lower. so on the jeep BG's i have started cutting around them as much as i hate to. has anyone else had this happen to them?

Remove the shock, it's pretty self-explanatory. the twisting sucks, but go back to even they CJs, they all do it over time. I do find that cutting the circle larger, like as big as you can and still be covered by the hardware will give you a little less problems, and heating the %&$# out of it. All in all thought, I've seen so many jeeps with twisted tint driving around, I think it's inevitable over time.

I had to remove the shock where it attaches to the glass(10mm nut), because even if you only took the shock part off, there would be a bracket in the way. I was stoked once i had the film layed, but it was biatch to put back on. I had to tape the plactic, circle piece in place on the outside, then went inside and reintalled. It ended up twisting the film, so I had to take it all off and fix the film where it twisted.

The second time, I trimmed as close as I could around the circle before reinstalling. Once i had the shock compressed, i made sure to not let it budge and tighten it up quickly and a tad tighter.

Oh yea, i didn't think a 20" roll would do the bg, but it did.

Archived