Hindsight 20/20

For everyone who thinks this job is labor intensive and doesn't pay enough hasn't gotten out enough. This is by far the easiest job I have ever had. I have poured and finished concrete in the dead heat of August in Texas (105 F) for eight bucks an hour and I also installed communication systems for five years. Skill and labor wise this is easier.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was in Track in Jr High, 440, and 880.

Almost always came in 2nd with an occassional 3rd running the meets in Tennis shoes cause I could not afford Track shoes.

Got into High School, figured I did not have a chance of making the Track Team in a school that had 4,000 students, so did not even try out for the team.

Turns out The High School track Coach had been at most of my meets in the 8th grade and had me a spot on the team, but no one ever told me at the time, I only found this out during my Sr year.

Come to find out there was a College Coach who was interested in my talents on the track as well, just based on my Jr High record, and the reccomendation of the High School Coach who had been following me.

Kinda makes a person wonder, just how might I had done with the proper shoes and better coaches ?

Best memory was of a multi school meet, where I was scheduled in the last heat of the 440, and first heat of the 880.

My Coach was going nuts protesting the scheduling, I was "oh well, I do them in the order they say, no big deal.

He did get a 5 min break between races, and finished 2nd in both.

Young kid at the time who didn't know any better !

Can't change the past, just go with where I am now, and move forward from here.

Archived