Caulk nightmare

House was built in the 1800's. Lead glass and the genius homeowner decided it would be a good idea to caulk the wood frames the day before...WTF! 46 individual panes and some updated DP bigger windows in an apartment out back. Me and my guy finished it in 7 hrs. Might think twice about tinting lead glass again. Very hard to achieve perfection with 150 year old windows.

1502fece.jpg

fb31ba21.jpg

2a809a00.jpg

Let's just say my window prep guy really earned his money that day. And it wasn't my proudest tint job but the homeowner was happy and so was I(to get the he'll out of there)....besides this time of year you can't be too picky about work...Hell, I would hang PS adhesive film in a dust storm this time of year as long as it pays..lol

I had a customer come behind me and do this before, and there was no light gap !!! Could not understand it !!! He seemed to think the film was going to fall off !!! Haha. The other one that drives me crazy, and I have had it happen from time to time, is when they start washing the outside windows , while you are tinting them !!! Drives me nuts !!! I am with you though, some work is better than no work !!

Guest blazux-Africa
I had a customer come behind me and do this before, and there was no light gap !!! Could not understand it !!! He seemed to think the film was going to fall off !!! Haha. The other one that drives me crazy, and I have had it happen from time to time, is when they start washing the outside windows , while you are tinting them !!! Drives me nuts !!! I am with you though, some work is better than no work !!

some customers for their first will take a look at their window. I had one crush sans on the outside of the glass, it was just it is not perfect do it again :imok

i had something like this happen to me this summer. I was tinting his office building, so he decided it would be a good idea to wash the out sides of the windows. Doesn't bother me none, but after i had gotten done with the first room and started on the second he comes to me and says hold up i don't think that your work looks very good. You need to come look at these windows you have done. So i stop what i am doing to take a look. We go outside to his newly washed windows and to my suprise someone had gotten white paint overspray all over the outsides of his windows. after telling him what it was, and removing a small section of paint from the outside he was ok with my work. However he was alittle upset with his painters at this point. but not my problem the tint job turned out great.

Archived