The Problem with Low Tint Prices

a question for the guys that have been installing since 1985

What do you think the average tint job was around the nation in 1985 for a 4door car? $----$---?

Now 25 years later what is the average price for the same with a big mannys average line film? $----$---?

What doesnt make any since is that as the cost of our film keeps going up due to metal and oil is always going up and some tinters prices have stayed the same.

The price of milk,gas,beer,cigarettes has gone up so why havent tint prices? Can you get a plumber to come to your house for 2-3hrs for $150 bucks? Not likely

As an indusrty whole we have to educate the consumer that tint has "value" and not just some cheap upgrade to a car

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed on that post F1. We went up $20 over about a five year period, and where we messed up was we did it all at once. Customers raised hell about it. what is $20 ? I spend it on damn near nothing at the local gas station, haha. But for some they act like its the end of the world and we are ripping them off. Crazy. In 85, the shop I am at was charging $--- for a 4 door. We are at $--- for a 4 door now.

Yeah Dink unfortunately the market I am in is really saturated with good shops, and many piss poor shops . So its about the highest price you are gonna get here for a 4-door color stable film here.

we have a truck acc. shop here that charges just crazy prices on things and there is one more shop that does just auto and commercial tint. if i could get goin steady with prices like you charge i would prolly do good.

Good plan, whore out your market :blah

when they are barely over the 200 mark and you put your prices rite under the 200 mark it sounds like a lot less but its not. im sure if i started getting good business they would go down also but these guys at the truck acc. shop do not do quality work for the price they charge IMO

Archived