The Problem with Low Tint Prices

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to buck the trend here, and just say if you tint 5 cars in a day, you still made gross $500. We run winter specials on less expensive film for a buck 20 in the winter, and do very well with it in this economy. I make people aware of the drawbacks, but many times people are driving cars that I dont know will be running in 1 year. let alone a "lifetime". I think its best to offer something in everyones budget. Someone with a 7 series BMW does not have the same shopping practice as someone who drives a 1990 Honda Civic. I would be interested to know if anyone only offers say $500 and up tint jobs ? I would think there could be great success in this if you had the right clients .

great words of advice! it is hard starting off just because i do not have the talent the other shops in town have. ive been layin tint for a few months now but also have a full time job. every custy i have is just through word of mouth as of now. all i deal with is auto so it limits me there also

I think it is great if you can get all the money all the time..... But that is not always the case. How many Best Buys were put out of business by the premium price electronics store across the street ? How many Home Depo stores closed because the local mom and pop hardware store give great customer service ? Everyone has a different business model, If you want to cater to the 2 or 3% of people who need to pay a premium for everything in order to feel good about themselves. Than do it. But if you want to cast a wider net and capture 97 or 98% of shoppers that are price sensitive......the $$$$ is always a issue. We stopped auto tinting about 5 or so years back. One reason was the non stop request for illegal installs and another was the fact that we were getting the same ( or less ) $ in 2005 as we got in 1988

Archived