The Problem with Low Tint Prices

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest abc40kids

My shop has been around since the late '80's and I've seen the prices move around quite a bit same as all the other aftermarket things we sell.I've always been the most expensive guy around,not ripping people off but a reputable shop with excellent installers using good film usually can get top dollar.Don't let the hacks make you think you have to lower your price,I have a hack that just moved in last summer right next to my install bay!My prices haven't changed.I will say that when there is competition in your area even more so when your area has a high turnover rate like mine you have to understand the differance between the custy on the phone and the custy in your showroom.On the phone a lot of times,not always the custy will only hear you say the price...that's what he remembers when he hangs up.I'm not saying you shouldn,t be very professional on the phone and you can get many sales off the phone but a lot of tire kickers calling around and I will shoot them a little lower price to try to get them to my store.Once they get in my store our closing rate is good.Every once in awhile we end up doing it for the lower pgone price but that's rare!If you present yourself to be a professional,have a nice clean store,use quality film,get yourself a nice website you won't have to lower your standards to the hacks because they usually don't have websites,the waiting area is watching you and usually they can't even communicate good with the custy.Good luck to all in 2011! You have to do what you think is right in your area but don't give it away,you don't have to.

Guest just scotty

supply and demand, unfortunately that is what our economy is based on, and of ofcourse ur neck of the woods, some still doing 4 doors in miami 49.95, new york hard to find a place for less than 2 bills for pick up, principle: you cannot afford to not carry a product to meet every customers needs, let see isn't that the foundation that Sam Walton built one of the largest corporations on?

Archived