The Problem with Low Tint Prices

That is like the old retail scheme, would you rather have something "50% off", or "buy one, get one free"? In the end, same price, it is just how the public processes the information. You can run a "Window Tinting 35% Sale" and give them $5 off a 4 doors vehicle tinted at 35% VLT.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might sound cheesy but attitude goes a long way with this stuff too. If you have it set in your mind every customer is a cheap ass and will beat you down on price you've mentally painted yourself in a corner.

You have to stay positive, find ways to stand out from the competition.. have that extra something that makes the end user value you and your business over a competitor. I'm not trying to sound like Tony Robbins here but attitude makes a world of difference.

great thread

:bingo

Guest oasisglatint
You have to stay positive, find ways to stand out from the competition.. have that extra something that makes the end user value you and your business over a competitor. I'm not trying to sound like Tony Robbins here but attitude makes a world of difference.

great thread

:twocents

:bingo

KNOWING there is a reason to choose you over your competition, and being able to express that positively is HUGE!!

:beer Larry!!

Attitude is everything.....

I give out free samples (two wipe pack) of Invisible Glass with every tint job and educate my customers about tint safe cleaners, I also have a 5' inflatable can of invisible glass I can smack them with, but haven't had to use it yet.

I sell these as an upsell with my installations. Pretty sweet

http://www.ener-gard.com/Info%20pages/Car%20Care%20Kits.pdf

Guest Malcolm E Boo
It might sound cheesy but attitude goes a long way with this stuff too. If you have it set in your mind every customer is a cheap ass and will beat you down on price you've mentally painted yourself in a corner.

great thread

:twocents

Agree with every word

I think it is great if you can get all the money all the time..... But that is not always the case. How many Best Buys were put out of business by the premium price electronics store across the street ? How many Home Depo stores closed because the local mom and pop hardware store give great customer service ? Everyone has a different business model, If you want to cater to the 2 or 3% of people who need to pay a premium for everything in order to feel good about themselves. Than do it. But if you want to cast a wider net and capture 97 or 98% of shoppers that are price sensitive......the $$$$ is always a issue. We stopped auto tinting about 5 or so years back. One reason was the non stop request for illegal installs and another was the fact that we were getting the same ( or less ) $ in 2005 as we got in 1988

Here are the problems with what you are saying. For starters you're comapring a small business to a large corporation. Who is able to offer the lower prices due to the amount of product they buy and the lower prices they get. It is also just a product, and not an applied product such as window tint. Now if you want to talk stereos. How many small stereo shops charge more per install and get plenty of customers who dont trust the rookie at best buy to install his new radio?

Secondly, when i was still installing film and working at a reputable shop. I was able to get 98% of those customers who where just price shopping. And at a difference of anywhere from $40-$80 higher than the low priced shops. Because I was able to sell myself to them. Not sell my price to them! How do I know they where price shoppers? Because I would ask..

Archived