Expanding to New Area - What Marketing Efforts to Use?

Hey TintJunkie, I like the video of you breaking the door glass with and without film

I would have just drove a forklift thru the door. ha.... ha

Good video to show the benefilts of safety film

That was actually a video done by Enpro, and Jay Moore hitting hit. He phucked up his wrist on the first hit with the bat. The bad part about that particular video is that they used laminated glass (which is does say), so I have to tell the customers (most of them) that the glass used in the video is a bit stronger than typical glass, or glass they want done. Either way, its convincing.

I do have two windows on hand at all times that has 7mil and 8mil with dow for a customer that is serious about buying, for them to hit. We also use them at home shows, which not only people love to hit it, it draws enormous attention b/c its so loud when someone strikes it, thus giving an opportunity to talk to more people.

The others at the home show hate us b/c we make so much noise.

How do you have that setup for home shows??

Tim

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just have a hard time believing that is the best use of your time?

I didn't keep as good of records as I should have so I don't have stats like the number of houses I went to/talked to/had film/wanted film.... I'll do better this coming year.

But look at your drug reps. (legit) I was tinting a doctor's office one day and I was only there maybe 3 hours. You would not believe how many reps came in to drop off info on the latest drugs. That's how they sell their drugs.. they go B2B hawking what they have. And it works or else they wouldn't do it. I read that they (the good ones) make crazy money.

In my mind I don't see it any different then a homeshow.... you may have 10,000 people pass your booth, right? Of those, how many would you consider are you're ideal customers? Those with large homes that have a ton of windows and no shade? And can afford to have their windows tinted?

In one evening I can go D2D from like 4-7pm and hit an entire neighborhood filled with ideal customers. In those three hours I'd bet I'll speak to more qualified people then 8 hours at a show.

Is it fun? Depends. I like talking to people about my service & product.... and like I said - I've never had anyone get upset that I was there.

Or you could sit down at your pc... design a postcard.. get a mailing list... send it out to 10,000 homes for $500 or whatever... and see who calls.

I've done both... I do both. And I do many other things as well.

Hey... the way I look at it - this is my biz.... and no one is going to feed me customers on a platter... If I didn't want to put in the work needed to *get* customers, I'd be an employee for someone. A lot less headaches that's for sure. lol :thumb

The tried and true banging on doors system works well

So to make sure I understand you correctly, you would just go into residential neighborhood, park your truck, take your film samples and go door to door introducing your-self and service?

We do little residential work. Maybe 10%. I do knock on commercial builders doors and property managers as well

from my small experience doing that i saw that people who work there are totally lost when i have approached them as far as who i would talk to about it tinting the windows...

It can take some persistence to get to the right people. I do not focus on the resi market because IMO the homeowner is for the most part a one shot deal. Yes the Psf is likely more then the comm side but I would rather spend my time marketing to the people who will provide 8,10,12 or more projects a year every year. I'm not saying people should not market to the homeowner. I just dont

The tried and true banging on doors system works well

So to make sure I understand you correctly, you would just go into residential neighborhood, park your truck, take your film samples and go door to door introducing your-self and service?

We do little residential work. Maybe 10%. I do knock on commercial builders doors and property managers as well

from my small experience doing that i saw that people who work there are totally lost when i have approached them as far as who i would talk to about it tinting the windows...

It can take some persistence to get to the right people. I do not focus on the resi market because IMO the homeowner is for the most part a one shot deal. Yes the Psf is likely more then the comm side but I would rather spend my time marketing to the people who will provide 8,10,12 or more projects a year every year. I'm not saying people should not market to the homeowner. I just dont

It would be nice to be able to have two of me lol... one can stay in the office and the other can go door to door... and more. ;)

Archived