2010 Jetta

finishlineautosports

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahahahaha, Agreed coast to coast. The strange part is the euros tend to have standard, metric, and star all in one panel . Is that really needed ? some engineer in stuttsgard sure thinks so. The quality control on the new Jettas is strange. We have done 8 so far, and found some door panels and gaskets are tighter than others. Also, back door glass is vitro, back glass and front doors is saint gobain. I know they are producing a ton of these things, and it is a really popular car in the chinese market as well. Not pulling the panels on the 2010 has been a crap shot, as we are cutting them exact, but I have made the customers aware not to roll the windows down for 5 days, and I have only had 2 peelers out of probably 50 or 60 cars in that year period, all on the frint edge. Time to see what the 2011's will bring.

I may be mistaken on the standard nuts and bolts. Some car i was taking apart recently had all 3. My first thought was why in the hell ? . Gonna have to search through some records and figure out what it was. Me and the other installer were like :thumb

Guest filmslayer
I may be mistaken on the standard nuts and bolts. Some car i was taking apart recently had all 3. My first thought was why in the hell ? . Gonna have to search through some records and figure out what it was. Me and the other installer were like :thumb

try working on fords ... :wall

I may be mistaken on the standard nuts and bolts. Some car i was taking apart recently had all 3. My first thought was why in the hell ? . Gonna have to search through some records and figure out what it was. Me and the other installer were like :dunno

try working on fords ... :wall

That ford escape back window still perplexes me . My theory is that one of you window tinters on here slept with a car designers wife at some point, and he has been reaping revenge on all of us since then . Hahaha.

Guest footin91
Despite the back window being easy, these doors give me such a freaking hard time, namely the front 2 doors. I just tinted a 2010 last night and tried pushing out on the glass to slide the tint tight against the back edge but no matter what I did, I still had a slight gap because the tint would not slide back far enough. Would taping the felts aid in sliding it in or what can I do on these to make it easier? No problems with the panels or gasket, just that darn backside edge.

Was it really that bad? I have a 2009 jetta that I want to tint but I'm not sure what it all would consist of. What did you all have to remove? I have done one car before and it turned out good. I bought a pre-cut and thought I would ask the pros before I attempted it. How did the 2010 jetta you did turn out? The 09 should be about the same.

Despite the back window being easy, these doors give me such a freaking hard time, namely the front 2 doors. I just tinted a 2010 last night and tried pushing out on the glass to slide the tint tight against the back edge but no matter what I did, I still had a slight gap because the tint would not slide back far enough. Would taping the felts aid in sliding it in or what can I do on these to make it easier? No problems with the panels or gasket, just that darn backside edge.

Was it really that bad? I have a 2009 jetta that I want to tint but I'm not sure what it all would consist of. What did you all have to remove? I have done one car before and it turned out good. I bought a pre-cut and thought I would ask the pros before I attempted it. How did the 2010 jetta you did turn out? The 09 should be about the same.

On the 2010, you do not have to remove anything, if you have the experience . you not having experience, I would just pay a shop. The jetta door panels are just incredibly tight , so it makes for a difficult install. I guess in 2010 we probably did 100 of them . So yeah, I know that car well at this point.

Archived