2010 Jetta

finishlineautosports

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol...i asked...and now I cant remember....got a pic? I know I have pulled them...just cant remember. :console

I will take a pic tomorrow. we will have one in here. The stereo guys near me did not know either. So I am perplexed, because they normally know all of this stuff. Thanks slick.

The panel pulls back and you can pull the seal out! There tougher than the old ones though!

:beer if ya need to remove the panels the panel pops don't just pop back, they seperate then pop out. push your panel popper in between the back of the panel and the pop, then twist your panel popper to spread the pop and seperate it. once seperated then the panel pops right off.

I think jayz is talking about the newest style and we're all talking about the '10 and priors :twocents I haven't done a 2011 yet but the 2005.5 to 2010 Jetta's are seriously easy. Front seals pull out pretty simple once the panel's pulled back at the top, and the rears, I'm pretty sure I just used a red devil or something since they weren't as simple. Quarters have dot matrix around them and are cake, rear window is cake. Like someone else said... maybe the gasket around the window was loose hence it being tight. I don't remember having any issues with any of the ones I've done of that style :thumb 2011's I have no clue about though...

The 2011 is definitely different than the 2010... I didn't pull the panel on the last one I did so I couldn't tell you if it comes out the same. Looked like it might be a little tougher to get out since they went cheap and made everything hard plastic now. I was a little worried about cracking the panel so I just tinted it as is.

Tint Factory, I did the same !!!! even the stereo shop next door to me was perplexed , So I have no good answer. Im going to pick one up today, so I will ask one of the techs how hard it is to remove it. If I get a answer, I will let you know. The front end on the new ones looks sharp though.

Guest maddtinter
The panel pulls back and you can pull the seal out! There tougher than the old ones though!

:lol if ya need to remove the panels the panel pops don't just pop back, they seperate then pop out. push your panel popper in between the back of the panel and the pop, then twist your panel popper to spread the pop and seperate it. once seperated then the panel pops right off.

Yep. Another change in design to try to stump the pros.

Archived