2010 Jetta

finishlineautosports

Despite the back window being easy, these doors give me such a freaking hard time, namely the front 2 doors. I just tinted a 2010 last night and tried pushing out on the glass to slide the tint tight against the back edge but no matter what I did, I still had a slight gap because the tint would not slide back far enough. Would taping the felts aid in sliding it in or what can I do on these to make it easier? No problems with the panels or gasket, just that darn backside edge.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't do a ton of VW's but I did one recently... I never had a problem with 'em :dunno Use the TW trick and put some straight soap on the gaskets/taped gaskets...

Edit: To be honest... I think this is one of the only VeeDub's I actually like doing, they're great

Soap idea might be good. VIP: yes I am definitely pulling lower gaskets, I don't think it would even be possible to tint otherwise. I've tinted other jettas with this body style and this one was just so tight. Like I said, I even tried pushing out on the window to gain some space to no avail. I'll definitely be charging more for this car or any jetta for that matter.

Guest maddtinter

Check the felt along the back to see if it is sticking out.You may have to push the felt into the groove.I too have noticed some are tighter than others.Invest in a glass suction cup so you can pull on the glass from the outside.

We are doing a pile of these for the dealership. We want to pull the front panels, but have not figured out how ( please excuse my stupidity). We have been cutting them exact. The back side of the window is a lot like the audi A4, it has to be cut exact, or you will have hell to pay. If anyone knows how to pull the panel, let me know PLEASE !!!

We are doing a pile of these for the dealership. We want to pull the front panels, but have not figured out how ( please excuse my stupidity). We have been cutting them exact. The back side of the window is a lot like the audi A4, it has to be cut exact, or you will have hell to pay. If anyone knows how to pull the panel, let me know PLEASE !!!

on the 2010 or the 2011?

Archived