Craigslist posts . Success or failure ?

Just wondering about peoples opinions. I checked the listings in my area and it was just a bunch of BS. Like any car for $69.99 etc. Just wondering if people have used it , what they did to differentiate themselves. and whether it has payed of in any way. Thanks for the feedback.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted a couple times, no real calls back other than some cheapos.

well stop posting in the personals :coffee

put 300 to 400 bucks a week on the table for me when i was in Tulsa and with out a job. Use Vflyer.com, make a really nice page for free, host it on CL

that was until the cops busted you huh :lol2

IMO , the only good thing about craigslist or kijiji is that although most potential customers that look for service on there are bottom feeders if your not a cheapo hack tinter, it's still powerful enough of a website that non cheapo custy's that use google will find your ad even though they didn't use craigslist . :nope

We have a constantly revolving 8 ads most focused at a specific film benefit. I split them up between the commercial and household categories. I also split them up over the adware that we service. I have a total of 20 ads written so I try not to have any 1 ad show in the same area two weeks in a row. I try to refresh them once a week.

As far as return, we are only flat glass so my guesses that I we are the only company on there. We have had business from there, but it is not abundant. However, if you have it setup right it takes little time. So if we get one job a year off of craigslist it is worth it for me!

Tim

Guest thatsnappyguy

I post on CL about once a month and get jobs from it all the time. just did an entire house that the customer found me off of CL. $950 from free ads.

Guest theTintingIndustry_icon

You WILL get calls from your craigslist ads, however, be prepared for some of the questions that you will get...for example,

"How much for 5 pa-cent tints on a '94 gran markees?"

"How come you guys are $10 more than the other guys?"

"Ya'll do silver tints right?", "How come its more for the silver tints?"

"Really!, that price doesn't include the windshield?"

"Do ya'll charge to take old tints off?", "Can't you just put the 5% over top the purple tints that I already have?"

And many more hilarious questions that you never would ever expect to hear.

Guest thatsnappyguy

What I hate is all the jackasses getting ur number from there and calling u to sell crap...like advertising...considering they found out about u and it didn't cost anything.

Archived