2011 VW Jetta

Guest tintpro2007

Guest tintpro2007

Did this 2011 VW Jetta this afternoon at a dealership, haven't done one of the 2011's till this one. It's not like the previous 2010 - below model years. As you can tell the quaters are different, as far as install goes, the gasket's don't come out on these, or if they do I couldn't figure out how to get them out, so I tucked them instead. Older model's I always took front 2 gasket's out, tucked rear rolldowns. The gasket's are pretty tight, and the glass pretty much stops right after the side channel, so I would suggest not pulling the pattern's long anywhere, and it works just fine. Back glass is easy, no more third brakelight at top to pull out to get behind, just one on the rear deck, and it's not tight to the glass at all.

Lulu ATC-40 :lol

2011VWJetta35.jpg

2011VWJetta352.jpg

If you pop off the silver plastic trip on the fronts, there is a screw in the upper corners of the door panel. From there you can pop the panel back. Also you can pull the from sail panel back so there is plenty of room to get the sweep out. There will be a little rubber grommet that comes off with the sail panel, just slide it off and put it in the hole before you push the sail panel back in when you are done. I didn't take off the backs, there was plenty of room for it to fit nice. They are a little tight on the side if you want to get the tint back in there. I had my coworker pull out on the glass with a suction cup while I slid the film back. The wagon version is almost exactly like the old model.

Cusrious if that is a TDi, the few I've done lately were all diesels.

Guest tintpro2007
If you pop off the silver plastic trip on the fronts, there is a screw in the upper corners of the door panel. From there you can pop the panel back. Also you can pull the from sail panel back so there is plenty of room to get the sweep out. There will be a little rubber grommet that comes off with the sail panel, just slide it off and put it in the hole before you push the sail panel back in when you are done. I didn't take off the backs, there was plenty of room for it to fit nice. They are a little tight on the side if you want to get the tint back in there. I had my coworker pull out on the glass with a suction cup while I slid the film back. The wagon version is almost exactly like the old model.

Cusrious if that is a TDi, the few I've done lately were all diesels.

Thanks Man! And no this one wasn't a TDi

Archived