Raleigh tint law

jh812

I had a customer calll me up yesterday and he told me that he talked to the guy that does his inspections and he said that it was illegal to have any tint in raleigh now. I am just trying to find out if there is any truth to that or not. I always thought that it was state laws and not city or county?

35% PLUS OR MINUS 3%.... = 32% net VLT.....

I still live here and do State Inspections daily...

Hey shady, i've been having ppl tell me their inspection isn't passing with the front strip because it's 5%..The ones in question don't go any further than 5inches but im now hearing that front strips are supposed to be 35% is their any truth to that?

Hey shady, i've been having ppl tell me their inspection isn't passing with the front strip because it's 5%..The ones in question don't go any further than 5inches but im now hearing that front strips are supposed to be 35% is their any truth to that?

I had a customer with the same problem about the 5% on the banner, he just took it to another place and they said it was fine. That inspection place told him 25% was the limit on banners. I had never heard that before then. That was also the first of I had heard of Raleigh having a different law and I figured it was BS.

NO! That is ABSOLUTE BS!!

I have made it a point to ask several different DMV Officials, even going as far as bringing out a piece of black vinyl and asking.. "I can put THIS on, as long as it's not too far down on the w/shield?"..

The answer was unanimously YES, as long as it is "not below the AS-1 line OR 6in, which ever is GREATER".... Just as it states on the Fcking rule book.

You can spray paint it if you want... Tell them, if they get failed for that, to call local DMV.....

I have made it a point to ask several different DMV Officials, even going as far as bringing out a piece of black vinyl and asking.. "I can put THIS on, as long as it's not too far down on the w/shield?"..

The answer was unanimously YES, as long as it is "not below the AS-1 line OR 6in, which ever is GREATER".... Just as it states on the Fcking rule book.

You can spray paint it if you want... Tell them, if they get failed for that, to call local DMV.....

I thinks its changed recently shady, check this out ncdmv

I thinks its changed recently shady, check this out ncdmv

According to that, it appears so....

That is the first I heard of it. I will ask the DMV lady next time she comes in.

Couldn't have been long since that was issued....

32% net at the top of the w/shield is F'ed up... Next it won't be legal to have a sun visor flipped down after 5pm....

My stuff is 5% and as low as I can possibly get it.

Just can't let the wife read that, I'll have to strip mine off. She will not pass my trucks side glass if they are too dark... :cool

Archived