Raleigh tint law

jh812

Guest tintpro2007
35% PLUS OR MINUS 3%.... = 32% net VLT.....

I still live here and do State Inspections daily...

Hey shady, i've been having ppl tell me their inspection isn't passing with the front strip because it's 5%..The ones in question don't go any further than 5inches but im now hearing that front strips are supposed to be 35% is their any truth to that?

NO! That is ABSOLUTE BS!!

I have made it a point to ask several different DMV Officials, even going as far as bringing out a piece of black vinyl and asking.. "I can put THIS on, as long as it's not too far down on the w/shield?"..

The answer was unanimously YES, as long as it is "not below the AS-1 line OR 6in, which ever is GREATER".... Just as it states on the Fcking rule book.

You can spray paint it if you want... Tell them, if they get failed for that, to call local DMV.....

I thinks its changed recently shady, check this out ncdmv

According to that, it appears so....

That is the first I heard of it. I will ask the DMV lady next time she comes in.

Couldn't have been long since that was issued....

32% net at the top of the w/shield is F'ed up... Next it won't be legal to have a sun visor flipped down after 5pm....

My stuff is 5% and as low as I can possibly get it.

Just can't let the wife read that, I'll have to strip mine off. She will not pass my trucks side glass if they are too dark... :thumb

Shady is correct on everything he has said about the law. Doesn't matter how dark the visor strip is, so long as it doesn't exceed said width, and the law in NC is 35% +/- 3% as shady stated. I grew up in Wilmington, NC for 20 yrs. and tinted for 3 of them before moving to MD. Also I have met Shady in person, and he is a stand up guy, and deff. knows the law, as does any tinter for their own state. The guy in Raliegh is just being an :thumb

If you need to PM me and i'll give you my personal cell number, so you can call me while your at the inspection station, and i'll read the law to the guy. Just let me know prior to calling lol, or I can email you a link to the law, and you can print it out. :beer

p.s. after clinking on the link you provided, and reading the law again, it does sound like the strip law has changed, since i moved a year ago. that's f'ed up....

Thanks for the input guys I am just going to keep going with 5 on the strips for now until I have customers coming back and say they will not pass. As for the sides keeping it legal. They are getting way to strict on that crap.

Archived