A Shade Cooler , I too have thought about changing to a more "professional" sounding name, but I was just at Checker picking up some freon and some girl comes up and called me by name , " I was just talking to my girlfriend about you and I saw your truck up here, What a coincidence ." So there is something to be said about name recognition.

You definitely need to have "tinting" in your name :bat

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

when i first started my company was called Superstarr Window Tinting, since it was what i started with from wayyy back and just kinda stuck with it. But then when we launched our new website, which was TintDetroit.com, we switched the company name to just Tint Detroit. Its easier to remember, easier to say, and matches our website.

Plus, being located in metro-detroit, we do a lot of collaborative advertising with Detroit Beat, Metro-Times, etc.

If you're from detroit, your proud of it, and people like to use it as a reference point.

Keep it stupid simple and professional. Big words to help define the shop make no sense in a name to me, let your work and reputation do the talking.

I'm more in tune with flat glass myself and wouldn't have anything with the word tint in the name, it would be window films or coatings.

My auto shop was TG TINT super simple, three syllables and the website tgtint.com was easy to remember and available.

Archived