Advice please

Guest nikstar

Guest nikstar

Had a go at tinting one of these tonight, its beond my skill level to tint it with the rear deck in so its coming back to get rear deck removed to be finished off, My question is what does the large area on dot matrix at the top of the BG look like after tint has dryed if its not glue or any other dot matrix solution. I ask as i have never had any ask about dot matrix solutions so have never done anything with them.

Send me some advice and photos to.

Cheers Nik

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nikstar
i find the e46 always looks better than the newer ones, have you seen the guide on here to pulling the rear deck?

Yeah i have looked at a few, and a few on some BMW forums, found a one with loads of photos, it dont look bad to remove to be honest. Its the dot matrix at the top of the BG that i am worring about. Not sure if i should just tint it or try to glue it?

Guest tint325i

i have never glued one yet, just tint it, a little heat from the outside, hardcard with paper towel wrapped round it, done

BMWM3E46002.jpg

this one was still wet and done in johnson greystone, not the most matrix friendly film in the world, got a close up of another one on my work comp. will post it 2moro if i remember

Guest filmslayer
a little heat from the outside, hardcard with paper towel wrapped round it, done

i sand them first , then pull it back to the first row of dots before heating and carding ....

Guest tint325i

i dont sand (i do lift to bottom of matrix and let it dry then heat and hardcard, but didnt want to give all my secrets away!!!)

Guest filmslayer
i dont sand (i do lift to bottom of matrix and let it dry then heat and hardcard, but didnt want to give all my secrets away!!!)

sorry ! forgot about the rash of newbies over there ....

Guest Malcolm E Boo

there have been loads recently

Guest filmslayer

there have been loads recently

and it seems their all joining here ... :twocents

Archived