How that's TB working out for you?

Bottome line.... Value Window Tints Sirius Line put Express Window Films True Black in the dirt.....I won't turn purple or brown, shrinks amazingliy, and looks excellentet and your custy pays an extra $4 dollars. Its up to you, when a film you apply turn to a piece of shiat!! Chances are you won't get a call.

This may seem harsh, but i swear half the reviews of film on TD are absolute BS and fed by payoffs!!!

I wouldn't say that. But the large majority are based on how a film installs or how a manufacturer treats them, not on longevity. Look at the years experience on a post. If you have been tinting 1-3 years that isn't much time to know how a film holds up. The recent auto film installation poll I conducted showed around 1/3 of folks here would chose a film that installed easier over film that is proven to last. Everyone has different priorities.

Serioulsy though, who gives a shiat about lognevity and the poll you're referring to means nothing.. How a film installs and last is much better to me than some saleman trying to suk me off!

longevity and how long the film lasts are the same thing. someone needs to stop drinking so much haterade :imok

:dunno Scotty made a funny :lol

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a manny that DOESN'T offer an entry level, non CS film?

Hi TD,

The market for nonCS is enormous. Nearly all of them have a "horse in the race".

EWF sells 10+ nonCS and 5+ CS lines.

There are a small number of notable exceptions: Global's USA branded films are all made with the CS pigments.

-Howard

Hi TD,

The market for nonCS is enormous. Nearly all of them have a "horse in the race".

There are a small number of notable exceptions: Global's USA branded films are all made with the CS pigments.

-Howard

No doubt there is an enormous market for crap...in everything now. Kinda sad if you ask me. Certainly nothing to be proud of from a manufacturer or installer standpoint.

Hi TD,

-Howard

Did not know that QD used colour stable pigments. Good to know.

I think most people understood Tb was not Cs they just thought it would last longer than 6 months.

Hi Classictint,

By our calculations, that film is now installed in more than 140,000 vehicles in the USA alone since it's introduction. Sales of that product remain very, very strong. As of late May, more than 92% of orders for TB are from repeat customers. We have customers who have used it since it's introduction and continue to do so.

First of all, if the film were anywhere as poorly made as you believe it to be, it would not be the successful product that it is. Second, if the film was not comparable to other products in it's category, we would not have it in our catalog. Extensive QUV tests have demonstrated that TB is as good or better than every other film in it's price range. We have decades of experience in this industry as well as all of the tools necessary to make very precise judgements prior to putting any film in the catalog.

Bear in mind that TB is only one of 15+ different lines that EWF offers in total. We also sell CS lines like Global, which (along with Llumar) are at the top of the industry. Whatever you are in the market for, we sell it. Our clients are very smart, savvy and successful and have learned how to make our films work for them. We know that no film will please everyone. That's why we offer the most broad and diverse catalog in the industry.

TB has also benefited from several enhancements since it was first introduced. The reason it is so controversial is probably due to the fact that it is a high volume, non-CS, value priced film that has achieved very deep market penetration in a relatively short period of time.

-Howard

madcow

Sure they do, its just called Sungard.

Bottome line.... Value Window Tints Sirius Line put Express Window Films True Black in the dirt.....I won't turn purple or brown, shrinks amazingliy, and looks excellentet and your custy pays an extra $4 dollars. Its up to you, when a film you apply turn to a piece of shiat!! Chances are you won't get a call.

This may seem harsh, but i swear half the reviews of film on TD are absolute BS and fed by payoffs!!!

I wouldn't say that. But the large majority are based on how a film installs or how a manufacturer treats them, not on longevity. Look at the years experience on a post. If you have been tinting 1-3 years that isn't much time to know how a film holds up. The recent auto film installation poll I conducted showed around 1/3 of folks here would chose a film that installed easier over film that is proven to last. Everyone has different priorities.

Serioulsy though, who gives a shiat about lognevity and the poll you're referring to means nothing.. How a film installs and last is much better to me than some saleman trying to suk me off!

longevity and how long the film lasts are the same thing. someone needs to stop drinking so much haterade :poke

LTL made a funny too

So...140,000+ cars with previous centuries technology. With all the good, reasonably priced, American made CS films out there, don't you think this is a step BACKWARD for the industry? I certainly do. All for a price savings of maybe 3-5 bucks a car? Again, is this something the industry can be proud of, going back in time with low tech films? Got a bag phone I can buy? :thumb

Guest scottydosnntkno

There will always be a market for non-cs films. You may have a different opinion, and thats fine. But, regardless of what anyone thinks, there will always be a market.

I tinted over 1000 cars last year(granted, there were a lot of 2 fronts, but still), $5/car means $500/month more money in my pocket. If a customer understands that they are not getting a CS film, and are fine with that, then why shouldn't we install it? If they are only going by price, then it makes sense.

Around here, i'd say 70% or more of the vehicles I tint are leased. We are detroit, and there are auto employees everywhere, as well as many people related to the auto industry(my family) who lease vehicles rather than buy them. If the customer is only going to have the vehicle for 2-3 years, many of them have a hard time justifying the $15 for two fronts or $60/full car price difference to put a CS film on it when they aren't keeping the vehicle for that long. In that case, non-CS makes perfect sense.

Archived