How that's TB working out for you?

Keep in mind I honestly don't care here :lol

10 bucks a car cheaper than ATC (since they're not the same at all) is enough, as far as I'm concerned, for a healthy price upgrade/downgrade for the customer. The product fit the bill. Cheap stuff for a cheap dealer.

We have very little choice up here when it comes to film compared to the guys south of the border. I'd be more annoyed when I'm told I'm installing a colour stable film and it turns out not to be. Oh wait. I have.

I just see this as the most obvious and redundant thread ever :thumb No hard feelings, just sayin' what I think it is :beer

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point is that your point should have been to try and claim the title of Captain Obvious from Booms.

True Black is a popular topic of discussion. Pictures of the brown have been asked for a couple times now. This is the first thread I know of that has shown these pictures. What is obvious about that?

My point is that your point should have been to try and claim the title of Captain Obvious from Booms.

True Black is a popular topic of discussion. Pictures of the brown have been asked for a couple times now. This is the first thread I know of that has shown these pictures. What is obvious about that?

That True Black is non colour stable, and was mostly promoted by... well.. who all on here really thought it was the best thing ever? Not exactly the most reliable of sources (at the time).

Ahem, beam me up.

That True Black is non colour stable, and was mostly promoted by... well.. who all on here really thought it was the best thing ever? Not exactly the most reliable of sources (at the time).

Ahem, beam me up.

What does this have to do with pictures and my observations? Still trying to find the obvious...

You make a post like a few above, it sure sounds like you think there is more to the subject than what I am saying. Let me hear what you think my point is?

That a non colour stable film changed colour.

In New Mexico.

Seems obvious to me. But I'm just a dumb, somewhat newbie from the North. I read the fine print it and knew it wasn't promised to stay the same colour. Be glad it didn't turn purple or that a customer noticed :dunno

We don't have options that cheap up here. Instead we get to choose from the best, or the worst. And then be told that the worst won't change. Imagine paying 2, 3+ times what you did for that roll, and then (even though the person doesn't notice) you seeing the vehicle and seeing your great colour stable film look, well, different.

The film changed colour, it looks brown. It was stated that it won't not change colour... I see that as being obvious.

I have no point :dunno

I think you're taking this the wrong way.

What I'm meaning here is, personally, if this was me in your case, I would have bought this film fully expecting it to change colour. That's simply it. Nothing more.

I have no point :dunno

I think you're taking this the wrong way.

What I'm meaning here is, personally, if this was me in your case, I would have bought this film fully expecting it to change colour. That's simply it. Nothing more.

Have I stated I didn't expect color change? I mean the olther films that were used to fill a similar slot were SunTek STD, SG HP Smoke, and more recently Madico Onyx. Do you think I was expecting them to be color stable films also? I didn't purchase or intend for this to be a CS film, this didn't fill a position of a CS film, it was just rather surprising to see such a drastic color change in 6-8 months time and be completely terrible in 1 year. I have until Spetember of last year offered a nonCS film as my entry level film, it's nothing new to me. All of this has been stated more than once in this thread.

I've been an EWF film customer for a very long time. And I have used TB for a very long time. I have a 2007 350z and installed TB 35% on it in the early months of 2008. The film, to this day, has held up better than any film I've seen, however, this is not my daily driver and it is mostly garaged kept. I recently bought a beater truck to haul stuff, and installed TB 5%, and withing a few months of sitting in the sun, I noticed the "ring around the collar," meaning the part of the window that doesn't see the sun is the original color and the rest of the window has changed color. And many of my customers have been noticing. This is a big problem because I offer my customers a lifetime warranty against FADING. Does changing from black to brown constitute as Fading? My customers seem to think so.

So, from what I've experienced, something in the manufacturing must have changed? I'm not accusing, just asking...

But to fix the problem, I am currently in the process of changing films. I am not, however, changing from Express Window Films, I am just buying their higher quality film. Their customer service is unbeatable, so I've decided to stop being a cheap @ss, and buy their higher quality film. And I think the rest of you that are complaining about the slight color change in the film should realize how much you are actually paying for TB and notice that it is a 'cheap' film. If you want the best, it costs more than TB.

That's part of the mix up on thought process here. Your "long time" is not very long, and TB holding up better than any film you've seen is comical especially when your example is a stored vehicle. If there had never been so many previous post praising this film I doubt anyone would take the time to call it out.

If you want to offfer an inexpensive film that will turn brown with enough sun exposure in a short time period here it is.

Thanks so much to all that posted the kind words about EWF's service.

We tested every single non-CS film available from mainstream domestic sources. It boils down to a CS vs. Non CS question. Some of you are CS only, some use both and some only use non-CS. EWF leaves the judgement to you. Whatever your tastes, your budget, your preferences or your requirements, we will have a film to suit your needs.

If you are going to use a non-CS, consider TB. Take a look at those test plates from competing films. Also take another look at the pic shot outside of the aged vs. non-aged TB. For the price, it's well worth considering if you are going to include non-CS.

-Howard

Archived