Have metalized tint and notice interference?

Guest Pyrophor2001

Have metalized tint and notice interference?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Have you noticed any cell, gps, xm or fm degradation after having metalized tint installed?

• Yes, very noticeable!
    • Yes, slightly noticeable.
    • No, never noticed.

I did a 2 story building in silver 15 and cell service went from good to "no bars" instantly! :lol

The company loved the heat rejection so they had an active repeater antenna installed and sent

signal thru the building. Problem solved. :nope

There are three things you can do with the suns energy. Reflect it, absorb it and transmit it.

Hi LTL,

Thanks for dropping this "Pearl of Wisdom". It bears repeating:

There are only three things that any window film can do (regardless of the brand):

• Reflect
  • Absorb
  • Transmit
    (Solar Energy)

The laws of physics apply equally to all manufacturers. One of the most important and overlooked aspects of film vs. film comparisons is the ratio of these three parameters, which in all cases must equal 100. Ceramics tend to be higher absorbers for a given VLT. Films like Silver (which are the most visibly reflective) will have lower absorptions. Hybrid Dyed/Metal Films, Sputtered Films, Oxidized All-Metal films will fall in between.

Due to the fact that some of the energy which is absorbed does get radiated inward, it's is always best to reflect it away as LTL pointed out.

What complicates the situation is the requirement that visible surface reflectivity not be appreciably increased. At that point, some solar performance will be sacrificed in an effort to achieve the right balance between performance and aesthetics. You're always working backward from Silver however. Silver is King. If solar control were the one any only objective (without regard to other tangential considerations) we would all be installing nothing but Silver.

There is such an array of choices on the market that even many within the industry are a little overwhelmed. I do not fault the manufacturers for constantly innovating and I do not attribute any dubious motives to their efforts. They are trying to please customers like every other business on this planet.

If there is one fault on their part, I think that the manufacturers do not do enough on an educational level. There are so many myths and misconceptions that continue to pervade throughout the industry. At the same time, as the sophistication and knowledge on the part of dealers increases, they become proportionately less susceptible to the marketing campaigns.

Knowledge is the one commodity that knows no diminishing returns.

My post is off topic.

-Howard

Guest Pyrophor2001
There are three things you can do with the suns energy. Reflect it, absorb it and transmit it.

Hi LTL,

Thanks for dropping this "Pearl of Wisdom". It bears repeating:

There are only three things that any window film can do (regardless of the brand):

• Reflect
  • Absorb
  • Transmit
    (Solar Energy)

The laws of physics apply equally to all manufacturers. One of the most important and overlooked aspects of film vs. film comparisons is the ratio of these three parameters, which in all cases must equal 100. Ceramics tend to be higher absorbers for a given VLT. Films like Silver (which are the most visibly reflective) will have lower absorptions. Hybrid Dyed/Metal Films, Sputtered Films, Oxidized All-Metal films will fall in between.

Due to the fact that some of the energy which is absorbed does get radiated inward, it's is always best to reflect it away as LTL pointed out.

What complicates the situation is the requirement that visible surface reflectivity not be appreciably increased. At that point, some solar performance will be sacrificed in an effort to achieve the right balance between performance and aesthetics. You're always working backward from Silver however. Silver is King. If solar control were the one any only objective (without regard to other tangential considerations) we would all be installing nothing but Silver.

There is such an array of choices on the market that even many within the industry are a little overwhelmed. I do not fault the manufacturers for constantly innovating and I do not attribute any dubious motives to their efforts. They are trying to please customers like every other business on this planet.

If there is one fault on their part, I think that the manufacturers do not do enough on an educational level. There are so many myths and misconceptions that continue to pervade throughout the industry. At the same time, as the sophistication and knowledge on the part of dealers increases, they become proportionately less susceptible to the marketing campaigns.

Knowledge is the one commodity that knows no diminishing returns.

My post is off topic.

-Howard

Bleh, I am more on the fence now than ever. lol

It sounds like full metalized is best for heat in my situation but am still worried about reception. It's between Global HP and Pinnacle in my city. A lot are saying Global but I am still worried about reception.

Guest Pyrophor2001
What kind of car are you driving, what is the climate like in your city?

HOT! I live in Tallahassee Florida which has hit well over 100 some days.

I am driving a Hyundai Genesis Coupe.

It sounds like full metalized is best for heat in my situation but am still worried about reception. It's between Global HP and Pinnacle in my city. A lot are saying Global but I am still worried about reception.

I the decade or so we have been selling Global, we have not heard a single report of signal problems.

-Howard

Guest Pyrophor2001

I the decade or so we have been selling Global, we have not heard a single report of signal problems.

-Howard

Ok, thanks!

Which film film should I go with? HP, QD or QDP? HP is what they have in stock here but they can order QDP.