Have metalized tint and notice interference?

Guest Pyrophor2001

Have metalized tint and notice interference?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Have you noticed any cell, gps, xm or fm degradation after having metalized tint installed?

• Yes, very noticeable!
    • Yes, slightly noticeable.
    • No, never noticed.

Sputtered films tend to create more problems than standard metallized films. We have sputtered bronze 20% on our storefront, and I wish I had a dollar for every time somone dropped a call in the store.

Sputtered films tend to create more problems than standard metallized films. We have sputtered bronze 20% on our storefront, and I wish I had a dollar for every time somone dropped a call in the store.

Hi Jayz81,

Bingo.

The sputtered films are the culprits - the Ni Chrome Films in particular.

Standard vapor deposited aluminum films (typcial dyed-metal hybrids) are no factor. We have been selling the Global CHP for more than a decade without a single report of signal issues. If you are unsure what metals are in your film or which deposition method was used, check with your manufacturer.

For some reason, the myth that all metal films block signals still persists. Having metal in the film provides a dramatic increase in solar performance. It is a shame that many dealers rule it out over unfounded concerns.

-Howard

Guest Pyrophor2001

Hi Jayz81,

Bingo.

Standard vapor deposited aluminum films (typcial dyed-metal hybrids) are no factor. We have been selling the Global CHP for more than a decade without a single report of signal issues. If you are unsure what metals are in your film or which deposition method was used, check with your manufacturer.

For some reason, the myth that all metal films block signals still persists. Having metal in the film provides a dramatic increase in solar performance. It is a shame that many dealers rule it out over unfounded concerns.

-Howard

So then something like Global HP film should be ok since it's a standard metal film?

Global HP

My other choice is a Formula One Pinnacle film with ceramic. Of course, it's about double the cost.

Edited by Pyrophor2001

Hi Jayz81,

Bingo.

-Howard

So then something like Global HP film should be ok since it's a standard metal film?

Global HP

My other choice is a Formula One Pinnacle film with ceramic. Of course, it's about double the cost.

The other benefit to metal films is their reflectivity.

There are three things you can do with the suns energy. Reflect it, absorb it and transmit it. When you have a low reflectance film that has high heat rejection the absorption will be very high so the heat is being held by the film.

Hi Jayz81,

Bingo.

-Howard

The concern in and of itself was created by manufacturers who had a agenda to sell ceramic and spectrally selective window film in the first place. Look at it this way, for the longest time (said manufacturers name here ) told us all how great performing their metal film was . THen all of a sudden they say, ohh stop using it , we have a new product that wont cause interference, and has similar heat rejection , but by the way , it cost X amount more than the present metallic film . And they have done a great job with it right down to the consumer, as more and more people tell me they can not get metallized film on their car.

Hi Jayz81,

Bingo.

-Howard

Global HP

Go with the Global HP or the LLumar ATR series. You wont be disappointed in either product.