pattern sharing

Guest keepitcool

Guest keepitcool

ok. ive been wanting to post this for awhile.those of you that use computer cut or a similar graphics program.....how do you feel about the pattern sharing feature.you know.you send in a pic to have computer cut scan it and they post it on the compu cut site and any tint company has access to it.its not so much the people that r out of state that use my original artwork but ive got a competitor here in this small city that couldnt design a custom original graphic if I had a knife to his balls, on top of the fact that the owner doesnt know how to tint.and I do all hand drawn and cut graphics but sometimes there r some patterns that r just to time consuming to cut by hand, and I dont want to send it in to compu cut becuase then my competition (the little beeootch well call him) HAS ACCESS TO IT.EVERYONES INPUT ON THIS SUBJECT IS GREATLY APPORECIATED.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KIC why are you so worried about the competition if they suck so bad? just curious, dont take this the wrong way. I have never been worried about the competition while running this site, and eventually got hired by them, and I'm very happy about that. I have actually been contacted by another competitor (not the one I work for now) because thier installers could not handle an eclipse, he brought the car to me and paid my retail price to keep his customer happy. I considered that one of my shining moments. If your competition cant tint for s**t, and is not capable of graphics, what is your dillema? Fug it dude, dont worry about the competition, it will make you lower your prices (which isn't good for anyone) and make you afraid to speak your mind. My friend, life is to friggin short for that.

Guest keepitcool

TD. I would never take offense to any advise you dish out.thats why I come here, I just wish more people were like you.the city im in is very conservative and tinting and custom stuiff just isnt as big here as it is elsewhere, so I fight tooth and nail for every amount of business I can.I guess it just pisses me off to see this fu$king TOOL passing all these little sh%t graphics of as his own original work and people actually falling for it.sometimes I think I need to lie to the consumer more to get business like this chode does but then I keep telling myself that I am better than that.bottom line is, I love doing the graphics I want to be the best in town doing them and I wont stop till I am.the thing that cracks me the most is this guy is 40+ yrs old hangs out w/ 16-23 yr olds becuase no one his age can stand him.so he does one of these little wannabe's cars and they tell their freinds and soon all these kids r getting what they think r custom graphics but r nothing more than a sorry excuse for trying to do "custom" work :rant

I had a program about a year ago that I could scan a hand-drawn pic, import to the program, increase to desired size, tweak the lines, then send to the plotter. The program was like $600 and I might have used it 2 times. I made a chevy bowtie and the word "Alpine" in their style. My salesmen never tried to sell the things it could do, so we gave the program back. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too time consuming to tweak the lines. I'd much rather hand cut everything, so since then I have done just that.

Archived