2011 VW Polo GTI 5 door

Tips....charge plenty!

Rear screen a tough shrink ala Golf but can be done.....potentially expect some fish eyes on the demister lines near the top of the glass.

1/4's easy.

Doors....trim removal a pane especially the fronts.

Be very, very careful not to break the plastic clip that sits under the door trim below the mirror cover.

It actually fits under the cover like a big toe extended so you can't simply full it straight back otherwise it will snap....customer did that for me and broke each one on each side.

What you have to do is lift from the rear first so that the front part of the door trim would then slide on down from under the cover at an angle.

The weather strip rubbers internally on all doors are very hard to get out too because they lock in under a series of metal indents.

You need to sort of push out on them as you lift up the rubber.

Hope this helps....my cost $400.

Devil

I read this thread before I took the car in, and askey for a high price. When car turned up I got to look over it, I lowered the price to a fair one.

Rear screen wasn't tough at all, very easy to shrink... the Polo model before this is hard as f#%& to shrink, but this one was fairly easy.

3 bolts to unscrew on rear panel, two behind doorhandle and one in the middle under the panel. But those clips are tight as hell! Ended up breaking one, but took one of my work van and fitted on car.

Car has feltseals, so tape them!!! weather strips sits tight! be careful so you don't break them!

Did only the rears as he soon was going to MOT.. he said he'll be back and get the fronts done.

He was very pleased that I got down in price also :)

post-36832-0-62525400-1426177556_thumb.j

post-36832-0-19278100-1426177558_thumb.j

post-36832-0-57246900-1426189420_thumb.j

Archived