Haartz ppf

anyone have any info about the Haartz ppf?

i got a roll of it and im not sure what to think of it.

its pretty close to 3m to be honest. just a little softer and scratches pretty easy on darker colored cars.

i did have issues with it sticking to hard contours like mirrors.

i looked around the ppf threads and didnt see any info about Haartz.

tia!

Like stated before, good film cost more. depends also if you are looking for a hard coat or clear coat. If you want something close to ScotchGuard, probably not going to find a hard coat similar to it. If you want a clear coat similar to 3m Ventureshield, Xpel Xtreme is a great option for you or stick with 3m VentureShield. Both are great films that are more cost effective than ScotchGuard if you are looking at your cost.

interesting.. so there is a cover over the top of the bra? then once installed you peel it off? designed to prevent scratches on the install?

also is the ultimate the material you can heat out the scratches? i saw a video and cant recall what material it was. or if it was on a painted ca. the guy scratched it pretty good with a wired brush. the scratches started to go away on there own. pretty amazing. i also saw the video where a heat gun was used on a ppf. was that xpel or nano fusion?

The difference between the products is all in the surface of the film.

The Xtreme film has an extremely dense layer of urethane laminated over the soft layer to seal it off from contaminants. The Ultimate film actually has a true automotive clearcoat sprayed on the film. This clearcoat not only has the self-healing properties that you have seen in the video above, but it also has a greater resistance to staining and discoloration (i.e. bugs, mag chloride, etc). Should you somehow get a stain, you can also use much harsher chemicals on the Ultimate film than you can other films on the market (laquer thinner, bug & tar remover, etc). Search for XPEL Ultimate on YouTube and you'll find a handful of videos that were shot at our dealer conference of people trying to stain the film with spray paint, brake fluid, permanent markers, etc. to no avail.

The warranty on Xtreme film is 7 years, while the warranty on Ultimate is 10 years. Both warranties cover materials and labor.

Archived