Computer Cut Tint?

Guest btr1208

Guest btr1208

Okay guys so I am about ready to start practicingon all of my family and friends's cars. I am going to be getting all my stuff next week,

I have seen a lot of things on computer cut tint. For somebody starting out would it be a good option. I am talking in a couple months once I am taking customer cars.. I know a guy that owns a sign company and has some awesome plotters and would probably let me use them or I could get my own. How much would I be looking at to get one of these with a good software? I want to get into PPF in the future so it might be a good investment. Can the plotters cut every window on a car?

Thanks for bearing with me and helping a total newb out!

B

Pretty much what I've decided as well. I'd like to move into computer cut by Summer of 2013, would be soooo much faster. Plotters are a couple thousand for a good one, and I think I remember seeing $2500/year for software a while back when I was looking t at maybe doing it

Case and point of knowing how to handcut, picked up a 2012 Kia Rio sedan, but it wasn't in the database yet,so out comes the olfa knife :DD

PS for a tinttek 2020 users, I made a second pattern for tinttek , I'll drop it off to them this week to be added :thumb

Maybe I'm just way to oooooold school but I can cut just about any car in 5-10 minutes. If I was doing 10 cars a day every day than maybe.....Maybe I might think about a computer cut program.

I use to think like you guys , handcut for 25 yrs, somewhere I did a long winded post on how owning a system won't actually cost you anything of you market yourself..and the tint machine properly. 2 yrs later, I was right. Best move I ever made was to get the TintTek2020

I agree you need to crawl before you run. Learn to hand cut first, I use my plotter all the time. There are occasions I have to Han cut sometimes if I don't like the pattern.

When you come up I'll show you my plotter and how I use it to save me time. Im not high volume but I spend extra to spend more time with the family. Plus I can do decals and PPF.

I prefer hand cutting film. plotters do not compensate for worn regulators or variations in gaskets. I have been to stores that use them and find I am quicker without them. I do see the benefite for PPF or graphics but have a hard time justifying the cost of the plotter and softeware. You have do tint alot of cars just to cover the cost of the software per year.

Archived