Clio= Dream Killer :(

Guest Crete

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

d11nc, on 09 February 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Hi, my advise to you after having had the same problem many moons ago would be to speak to your rep at Solargard and let him know your problem. Reason is they have heard of this problem many times and maybe willing to let you go practice on there clio rear screen at there premises in Worcester. I think you might find a day of practicing with no pressure might just help you crack it. They also have a DVD available showing the clio rear screen being shrunk from the demo day they ran a couple of years ago that's been mentioned in a previous post. One thing that I can say for Solargard is they will always help you where ever they can so don't be scared to ask, we've all done it at some point.

Good luck, Duncan

SolarGard alwayd help you??? I trained with them but when I (then) switched to sunTek and stopped buying film from them I had a sh***y call from the national sales rep saying they would sue me for still having their logo on my website as im not buying from them, even though I was still using their stock, there a bunch of pricks for that attitude I will never buy from them again and a few years down the line still havent..............................

Edited by shadowline, 09 February 2012 - 01:26 PM.

Well maybe I should of added the line " I've always found them helpful". Got to admit I find it annoying when supliers feel you must buy from them and no one else, but still for me personally Solargard have only been positive.

Guest Crete

I finally did the clio yesterday guys, took me about 12 attempts but after some fantastic tips from tint325 I it was actually enjoyable/rewarding

Thanks to you all for your help on this, and a special thanks to sy image, call wild, and tint325i those guys are diamonds and a asset to this forum :D

Guest crossy67

Well done.

I use Clio's as a means of judging the shrinkability of a film. A couple of years ago I couldn't have one pieced one with out lift and pull (still waiting to try this), the 1st film I could always do it with was Sunteck, then Haverkamp's film. I anchor 1/3red down and sides and find them easy peasy. Using Bounce on Lagunas is the key, once warmed and shrunk they stick to the concave bit.

I will see your Beetle and raise you a Peugeot 307SW or a Nissan Vanette (LDV Cubb) hot line. Nasty bu66ers. :krazy

Guest naughtydog

I use Llumar for these or sometimes Global, I tape the film in place, anchor low, and pull like fook!!... and I get it done. Not a car you do everyday so they are always a battle... but one I always win.

Archived