Clio= Dream Killer :(

Guest Crete

Hi all Hope you can help , 2 years ago I paid nearly £2,000 to complete a window tinting course which was 3 days long, don't get me wrong it was fantastic but over the 3 days I had no problems the hardest car I had to heat shrink was a ford focus which was straight forward. So a few weeks later I was tinting out of my garage using solar guard NR charcoal , all was going great untill I came across a Renault Clio :( I went thru about 60 feet of film trying to heat shrink it but it would always shrink up to a point then disstaut , I gave up and went back to the drawing board ..... Any advice at all would b fantastic as I am really hoping to get a business going this year .......... Even if there is someone in Britain who will let me come and watch would b awesome thanks

Hi crete.....welcome to tint dude...which course did you go on?. I was lucky enough to go on a 5 course day and was training on a clio back glass on day 2!... I still shudder now when a customer on the other end of the phone asks for a quote..

Now I find them a bit easier...vauxhall tigras are my pain though now. Saying that ive just done an 05 vectra easy job I here you say....not when one side had been caved in at some point the door frame was tight against the drop glass no play what so ever couldnt even get 1mm tucked in on the edges.

As far as film ive used Llumar from day one but using more suntek....good film but exceptional customer service. Ebay ive found is a good place for a few metres of a roll you may not stock. Only one to buy from imo is tintfit windows.

Where are you based.

One thing though dont give up.....

Sy

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline

Ok solar gard film is good but thin and creases very easy. Global is ok sun tek carbon is good LLumar is my film of choicenow days and seems to shrink well. With the clio it also depends on which yeay as they look the same style back glass but the Mk1 version of that curved glass is harder than the MK2 Mk3 types (and im not talking about a MK1 clio bodystyle which was the first shape model and has a flat rear screen) the PITA screen had 2-3 different phases and the first ones are harder but the lift and pull tech on the top half always works for me well on these

Sy I'm from Caerphilly south wales and the course was with Tim from tint school who I must b fair was very friendly and did teach me a lot I like to emphasis that I am not saying anything negative about the course at all And I would recommend

Forgot to say thanks again all. I am readIng all your replys and taking in all your advice :)

Welcome to the forum Crete :beer

I tinted a hard Clio with Global on a trip to your side of the pond and it was a pain........... not so much the film as the window :lol6

Just really glad we don't see many of um here!!

Cheers dude

Stan

Archived