Frosted Film In Shower Window - 3M Vs Madico

Guest j969k

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have Madico HG-816 on my shower doors and the film has held up just fine. This is a clear frosted film, that looks better than the white out (prob MT200 white they are showing). Never put any film not intended to be on the exterior of a house, on the exterior. With either film on your shower, I doubt you will have any issues unless you have hard water. If you have a window that is exposed to any sunlight, go with the Madico.

Yes! Thanks for sharing your experiences with film in the bathroom. It is reassuring to hear from others who have done this, and the product held up. Water here is neither hard or soft, but we get soap scum just like everyone else. Thanks for the input on Madico - that is what I'm leaning toward.

I would suggest having either product sealed with a neutral cure silicone after install. This will help prevent moisture from getting under the adhesive. I would not install any film in a bathroom without doing this, it will look really nice and clean too.

Has either shop mentioned doing something like this?

Neither shop has but great idea. After the film has sufficient time to cure, I may just do that myself with a tube of caulk - something like GE Groov which is a silicone neutral cure caulk. It comes in white which matches the vinyl on the windows.

Depending where you are in the Boston area, I have some other opyio s for you. Google decorative film.com I have many of the products in stock. I also have both the Fasara and Madico.

Thanks, I'll check it out!

Why not use frosted vinyl on the outside? :dunno

That's what I'd do/have done in those situations. Prolly be cheaper too. :twocents

I gave that some serious thought. However, I wanted a more permanent solution and did not want risk anything peeling, cracking, etc. I have my doubts that static cling or light adhesive vinyl will hold up to the winters and summers here on the exterior of the house. Even some of the lighter duty vinyl siding that is common in New England will fade or lose durability after 5 years.

I wanted a more permanent solution and did not want risk anything peeling, cracking, etc. I have my doubts that static cling or light adhesive vinyl will hold up to the winters and summers here on the exterior of the house. Even some of the lighter duty vinyl siding that is common in New England will fade or lose durability after 5 years.

I wasn't talking static cling, but high performance vinyl. I have the same if not harsher climate than you here in eastern Canada. I have vehicles driving around here that I put vinyl on when I first started in this industry over 20 years ago, and the vinyl is still great. :dunno

And for that matter, you could just put the vinyl on the inside of the glass.

I wasn't talking static cling, but high performance vinyl. I have the same if not harsher climate than you here in eastern Canada. I have vehicles driving around here that I put vinyl on when I first started in this industry over 20 years ago, and the vinyl is still great. :dunno

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a really good option. Can you point me in the right direction of a distributor or installer in my area or perhaps a product name? If it's not allowed to be posted, can you pm it to me? Thanks!

Never heard of it, but it sounds like a really good option. Can you point me in the right direction of a distributor or installer in my area or perhaps a product name? If it's not allowed to be posted, can you pm it to me? Thanks!

What city are you in

Archived