Chevy Cobalt / Pontiac G5 Rear Glass

pbalentine

This back glass is bioctch and imo can only be done easly with llumar, suntek or Johnsons. Even if you can get it done, its so stressful shrinking a film that needs to be pulled, lifted, and fingers need to be split. Just way too much efffor.

BTW, Im in between choosing Llumar or Johnsons over suntek. Somone please tell me which shrinks faster/better.

This back glass is bioctch and imo can only be done easly with llumar, suntek or Johnsons. Even if you can get it done, its so stressful shrinking a film that needs to be pulled, lifted, and fingers need to be split. Just way too much efffor.

BTW, Im in between choosing Llumar or Johnsons over suntek. Somone please tell me which shrinks faster/better.

havent really messed with Llumar but with ST Carbon ill shrink cobalts all day long.

havent really messed with Llumar but with ST Carbon ill shrink cobalts all day long.

I should of and knew to pull the top. Also, the 2 other times I did this vehicle, I cut the corners as squeare as possible, instead of rounding them with the matrix.

Iv decided to NEVER do this car again. I wastes film, time, money, and my insanity.

Chevy Cobalt :piss

I've done many of them with Global....no problem :dunno

.Actually, I like them better than the old sunfires and cavaliers.

I know they can be done with that film and many others. Im completyel over shrinking difficult back glass with films like qdp. I takes twice as long,you have pull, take your time, and stress out. With llumar and suntek these are easy, like any other back glass.

I like globals color and clarity, but the installation/shrining sucks.

I have a video on myspace of me shrinking the cobalt glass...with Global HP. Not a big deal and it is quick....just have to learn to shrink the "ryk" way.....or as Stan teaches it as "The Ryker Method"....

I'm always gonna lift/pull on vehicles like the cobalt, vw bug and eclipse. Theres way too much room for error if you don't lift the film for cobalts, vw bugs and eclipses. I think that once I go months w/o running into one of these, makes me think I should be able to shrink it no different than a average back glass.

Archived