Need some wisdom

As an update: my future partner and I have not been able to find a building available that had a bay door, or would be willing to install a bay door, until just this week. A realtor finally got back with us, after I had written them off. They said that they would allow us to install a bay door at our expense. So, things are starting to move forward again, but now I'm getting a little nervous. I'm making a good living where I'm at now, I'm just limited at what I can do and am under the company's owners' thumb; any time he can come in and either raise the commission he gets or tell me to get out. I like tinting where I'm at (except the shop is too hot b/c the owner won't replace the A/C), I just hate the uncertanty.I just don't want to make a bad mistake because of greed.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah blah, didnt read most of the responses.

I would look at what I was paying out in commission to this person for the year, and average for the year, then divide it by 12. This will give you an average of commission paid per month. If that number will afford you a shop, its a no brainer. If that number is close to affording a shop, do it. If its far below what a shop expense would cost, stay where you are and save some money.

You will need to factor in everything and anything you can think of when it comes to paying for a shop...then add 10%.

Yeah, I know. I have been doing some repeat customers lately. We have slowed to such a crawl, I will tint anything at this point. Doing some custom stripes on a Camaro tomorrow. I am not using a pattern or anything. Got some vinyl and some knifeless tape. Going to be my first time to do this, this way. I'll post up!

really I am just phuking with you, but it sounds like you are gonna need a bigger garage. :thumb

I know you are bro-chacho! Yes, a bigger garage......

I am doing the stripe job at a place called PhasTek Performance (pronounced Fastek). They deal in Camaro go fast goodies and lighting and other Camaro related parts.