From Suntek to EMF?

I have been reading tons of posts on EMF and their various films. I was using Johnson Greystone for years. I had great luck with it but I was tired of the 2 mil thickness and it not wanting to lay down on defroster lines. I recently switched to Suntek Carbon. They gave me 50% off my first order so it was a no brainer at the time. Now that I have been reading more posts I am concerned about it fading. I am in Southeast Nebraska which is an area that is hard on film. Lots of purple cars out there. I also use some VERY inexpensive import film from Carlos in Florida for car lot cars. You know the deal. The cheaper the better but this stuff takes extra time because it is thick and so soft.

Well I am considering switching EVERYTHING over to EMF and I would like your feedback. I would use the True Black for the car lot cars and Classic Black for my other customers. I do not like how brown Suntek Carbon is or just about any other film out there for that matter.

1. True Black is a great looking film and the price is equally as impressive. I see there are problems with it fading though. I have that already so that isn't an issue on the cars that I do so cheap. I never offer a warranty when using cheap film. Thoughts? Drawbacks if any?

2. From what I can tell the Classic Black is a lifetime color stable film. What I don't know for sure is whether it's a metalized film or not. I moved away from the metal films because of the poor AM reception in Honda Accords. Is this still an issue for the newer metalized films? Is this a metal film? Any problems with phones/satellite?

3. People talk about the Classic Charcoal 1.2 being the same as Global QDP. From what I can tell it is a non-metal film yet color stable. Is that correct? Also it sounds like it is easier to shrink and install. Is that correct?

4. I also see people send new tinters to EMF and then when they get better to buy another line. Why is that if EMF has quality products?

I plan on calling Howard directly but thought I would throw this out prior to. I appreciate the experience people have on this forum and want to take that into consideration. I didn't look here prior to buying my Suntek Carbon and wish I had. I know there are a lot of posts on EMF films but I still wanted to ask these questions. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Craig

1. True black is nice, havent had any fading issues over here, but is not CS hence the super low price.

2. Classic Black is non metal and is color stable, I believe its a little more brown like suntek carbon though.

3. 1.2 is AWESOME, hands down. I would for sure call howard about this film.

4. I think a lot of people go to him because of there customer service regardless of order sizes. I have been offered some pretty nice deals to "switch" but I never would. I think global is hands down the best film out there and it goes back to customer service again. I dont think many people leave EWF once they are there. Once you have a better grasp on the distribution of window film you will understand that EWF is by no means an "entry-level" distributor.

It is EWF not EMF.. Just for clarification. Howard is a stand up guy and will treat you well. Ask him what he recommends for your situation and give them a shot.

Guest Crackz

ExpressWindowFilms like any company has cheap has good and has the cream of the crop give howard a shout one of the best in the business to deal with him and crew

Guest thatsnappyguy

I really favor HP over Carbon.

I see your point, but you should really consider dropping the HP metal films. They are old news for automotive.

I really favor HP over Carbon.

I see your point, but you should really consider dropping the HP metal films. They are old news for automotive.

I was using ATR before moving to Suntek. I hate carbon but I still need to offer some US film to customers and Suntek is really cheaper over here.

Actually EMF is a UK band that had a #1 single "Unbelievable" in 1990 that I thought was awesome. I started tinting in 1988 so subconsciously EWF will always read EMF to me.

Thanks for all the feedback so far on my post. I guess I have always been scared to use a product that cost less than $200 a roll or wasn't made in the USA on my retail jobs. I think the classic black was $170 a roll which flies in the face of Carbon which is over $220 a roll. And to add insult to injury classic black is color stable where Suntek Carbon is not. None of this makes sense to me. Maybe I have my numbers wrong on the classic black. Either way, it looks like Howard is selling comparable films for much less than Johnson, Suntek, LLumar or Solar Gard. I have used Johnson for years and have had very good luck with it. Better than my experience with Global 10 years ago.

Thoughts?

Archived