Have you ever seen windows this bad?

Also tint like that can be an effect of a car that leaks. Too much moisture in the car and then subjected to a lot of sun with the windows up can cause the same effect as steaming.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmslayer

Poor squeegee technique? Not sure I understand. Leaving too much slip behind?

Yeah I didn't understand that comment either unless he thought it was a recent tint job. Just looks like tint that is way past the end of it life to me

X2

Sounds like something a rep would say right after saying, "You are the only one having a problem.".

water thats left behind to dry out in the long run can do this , also old bubbled film can be the result of poor squeegeeing ...

Guest filmslayer

this however is not the case here . it is one of solar-gard's lesser line . I am one of their dealers , the shop has been for 10yrs , I can tell by how it's layers are separating .always been a problem with their films across all lines ....

My vote is for SunGard as well, but I have seen SolarGard do this as well.

I also used to think a quality film was one that lasts more than 7 or 8 years. Now I think a film that will last 5+ is a quality film in my climate (for auto). I dont think reputation will be tarnished if you fix it when the film fails.

You dont quit buying a certain brand of electronics when they fail after so many years, and there is no such thing as a lifetime warranty. When someone asks if the film we carry has a lifetime warranty, I say "Yes, but that doesnt mean it will last a lifetime." When my Samsung TV stops working, I'll buy another one. When the seal fails on my windows at home, I'll replace it. Dont dupe your customers in believing such nonsense and you will retain a good reputation.

If all the MFG's would do away with lifetime warranties, they would make more money, and we would as well.

Yeah I didn't understand that comment either unless he thought it was a recent tint job. Just looks like tint that is way past the end of it life to me

X2

Sounds like something a rep would say right after saying, "You are the only one having a problem.".

water thats left behind to dry out in the long run can do this , also old bubbled film can be the result of poor squeegeeing ...

No disrespect Filmslayer but I doubt poor squeegeeing techniques will come to bare it's ugly head so long after the initial install but on the other hand it doesn't really say how long it had been on there either.

I also used to think a quality film was one that lasts more than 7 or 8 years. Now I think a film that will last 5+ is a quality film in my climate (for auto). I dont think reputation will be tarnished if you fix it when the film fails.

You dont quit buying a certain brand of electronics when they fail after so many years, and there is no such thing as a lifetime warranty. When someone asks if the film we carry has a lifetime warranty, I say "Yes, but that doesnt mean it will last a lifetime." When my Samsung TV stops working, I'll buy another one. When the seal fails on my windows at home, I'll replace it. Dont dupe your customers in believing such nonsense and you will retain a good reputation.

If all the MFG's would do away with lifetime warranties, they would make more money, and we would as well.

Agreed, listen up young grasshoppers, there is wisdom in those words

X2 Sounds like something a rep would say right after saying, "You are the only one having a problem.".

Case in point, LLumar had issues with their HPR adhesive on Centaur products in Florida and other like climates. It turned out to be a result of leaving slip behind (e.g. poor technique could = squeegeeing the film smooth and letting it dry by the sun as opposed to squeegeeing the film dry). When they discontinued selling the product in Florida a friend of mine was really upset because he loved that film and wasn't having any returns; he said it was because he squeegeed the he!! out of the film (it was sputtered). Solar Gard had a period in their history where their laminating adhesive would allow the piggyback layer to shift from its original position; couple that with gravity and/or weather strip pressure. PS adhesive is used for both laminating and mounting purposes.

Archived