Have you ever seen windows this bad?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor quality adhesive used when produced or poor squeegee technique installing; more so in this example, I would lean toward poor adhesive and mostly along the lines of it only having a heat-rating of 160 degrees F (like LLumar's adhesive in the mid-80's). There are different temp ratings to choose from when buying PS adhesives for film production; today's high quality PS adhesives have a rating to 250, possibly higher (sustained over several hours exposure).

The example pictured above shows what gravity can do to a soft, low heat rated adhesive over time.

I must be fortunate because I have been using SunGard for over 18 years & I have never seen SunGard that bad. I do use their HP line though so that couldn't hurt things. I would not want to drive that car like that but whatever film it is at least it's not purple.

Poor squeegee technique? Not sure I understand. Leaving too much slip behind?

Yeah I didn't understand that comment either unless he thought it was a recent tint job. Just looks like tint that is way past the end of it life to me

Archived