Would this plotter work?

Never used a plotter, but we're looking into getting one for vinyl stickers/lettering. And since we will then have a plotter, I'd like it to be useable for window patterns as well... would this one work do you think or do we need a damn $8000 plotter that well never get a return on withing the next few years...

http://www.amazon.com/Sign-Warehouse-Express%C2%AE-Apprentice-Software/dp/B003TPJGWQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340768252&sr=8-1&keywords=vinyl+plotter

would this one work do you think or do we need a damn $8000 plotter that well never get a return on withing the next few years...

So your options are the $250 plotter you linked or an $8000 plotter? :hmmm I'd say maybe it's worth investigating something in between. Not an expert but I would imagine there has got to be a compromise between the two.

if you're gonna want to cut film with it then I would suggest something bigger than 31". a plotter that small wouldn't do me a dayamn bit of good for film. it would be just fine for vinyl but useless for film in my opinion.

yeah :dunno I gave you my suggestion and you don't like it. what size rolls of film do you stock? that's a good place to start. all I stock are 36" and 40" rolls....so that plotter is useless. :dunno and if you don't care to spend more than $500 for a plotter then what are you willing to spend for pattern software?

You get what you pay for with a $500 plotter. That "damn $8000" plotter is that much for a reason. I would suggest you do more research into why you want a plotter in the first place. If it is just for one off vinyl and crap stickers then knock yourself out with your $500 purchase. If you want to use it for business and not have it knock you out then expect to purchase some quality. The pay back is there if you are serious. With tint I find this to be really important. Such things as range of force, size of materials, fine cutting & durability.

Archived