HI GUYS HELP ME..

Guest BigZ

I have seen the car I never did it before. I mean the SIde glass did'nt look that hard I don know how the gasket is at the bottom. For the Back Glass I told the guy (he owns a body SHop) that he is going to take of those holder.

QUESTION?

SIDE GLASS: are their any surprises. how is the gasket, I know its a fRame less window. WILL BE THIER ANY FINGERS ON TOP.

BACKGLASS:. MOST OF THE CARS I USE dry shirk either with baby powder or dryer sheet(depends on the car). I have seen the GUS METHOD.. I kind a like it never tried it cuz never did these cars.. WUT SHOULD I DO ON THE BACK. GUS"S WETSHRINK OR DRY SHRINK.(baby powder.). PLEASE HELP ME...

TINT BRAND: SUNTEK HP 35...(DYED/METAL CHRACOAL)

REASONs TO DO THIS CAR:

IN the past days a car like this, I would'nt do, cuz I had other WORK... NOW A DAYS BUISNESS IS VERY SLOW FOR ME........ AND 2nd I wanna See if I am good enough FOr the MYTH OF DOING THE BACK WINDOW 1 PEICE......

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its what I think( large back glass with pistons and its a hatch, wicked curve defrosters run top to bottom) do not bother with the one piece idea that cars is almost impossible (if not impossible) to do in one piece. in fact I 3 piece it. seam on each of the last defroster lines.

And dont try removing the pistons and tint behind the shock mounts because there is so much pressure on those thing that the tint ends up all F'ed up in like a week :jerkit

The top of the door panels pull up and off so the gaskets out of the way however you get a lot fingers in the door. Good Luck

If your talking about the same body style as the '02- '03 (with dot matrix on the top defroster lines run left to right like a Camaro) then forget what is said

Guest Eclipse

The back window is tough but doable in 1 piece. Take the shocks off and tint the whole thing. Then go back and cut out for the shocks at the button hole. Be sure to cut them oversize so that the film isn't under the button. You will have a small light leak all the way around that button, but if you use a socket as a pattern you will be able to have a perfect circle leak and it looks fine.

Front windows might need a little shrinking, but nothing to crazy.

Not my favorite to do.

Good Luck :thumb

The back window is tough but doable in 1 piece. Take the shocks off and tint the whole thing. Then go back and cut out for the shocks at the button hole. Be sure to cut them oversize so that the film isn't under the button. You will have a small light leak all the way around that button, but if you use a socket as a pattern you will be able to have a perfect circle leak and it looks fine.

Front windows might need a little shrinking, but nothing to crazy.

Not my favorite to do.

Good Luck :thumb

wut method U USe to shrink the back glass.. is the WET SHRINK(GUS METHOD, which is on this page) DRYSHRINK(whichone babypowder or bounce).

AND TO JHONNY tint. THE TOP OF THE DOOR PANNEL's do the lift and pull like the MERCEDES S500,430,320, etc. JUST THE TOP BY YANKIN IT BACK AND UP......

Guest Eclipse

We use a method that was taught to us by our 3M distributor. I guess you would call it a wet shrink, but its kinda a combination of wet and dry. No bounce or anything like that. We don't shrink fingers we lift the film off the glass and shrink/mould it to the glass. I am sure that makes no sence but we can shrink the hell out of the film this way. Made no sence to me until I saw it in person.

We use a method that was taught to us by our 3M distributor. I guess you would call it a wet shrink, but its kinda  a combination of wet and dry. No bounce or anything like that. We don't shrink fingers we lift the film off the glass and shrink/mould it to the glass. I am sure that makes no sence but we can shrink the hell out of the film this way. Made no sence to me until I saw it in person.

wierd... I MEAN wont It Burn the edges of the Film...... OR DO YOU shirnk it till u See the Wrinkels.......

Guest Eclipse

Once I figure out a way to illustrate it easily without taking up 4 pages I will. I have been wanting to show it as a "tip of the week".

No we don't "burn" the edges.

With this technique we do every window in one piece. :thumb

DIASTEr :mad I did the sides in like 25 mins.. JHONNY Thanks for the TIP ON the SIdes..

The BACK OMFG.. I was working on that back for like 6hrs. :inot It was HOrrible. I got back home at 6 went to bed and now just WOke up... I only got money for the Sides.. I did'nt Charge the Guy for the Back... I f****d the Back up even 3 pieced it Still Came out f****d up. I mean the middle part was sweet. the Sides omFG, where the pistons are holding the Glass. I could'nt Get it To Shrink, I creased the Top SIDe part... I tried all the three Shrinking method I know. I wasted 3 Cars back glass film on this CAr's back glass. I mean It was HOrrible You should have seen me BUsting my ASS.. did'nt even took a Break between the WORK. I went to the the owneer's Body SHop at 11:00 and worked till 4:00. I got the TInt on the back glass but iwas very shity (only at the curved Parts and the Pistons..) Iam neva Going to WOrk on this Car again. Untill I go to a Junk yard and get the back glass for to PRACTICE..... I MEAN for the whole 6hrs oF WORK I ONLY GOT $40.00 I know its Laughable :mad I dont know wut I was Thinking. :? I will GO TO THE JUNK YARD and PICK UP THE back glass of this 90 vette... I told him that the the big bubbles around the Black Circles on the inside of the Glass will dry away, he started to @#$% and I did'nt had no energy left to talk to him.. I was like just pay me for the 2 side windows and I will COme back next firday to Collect the Rest of the money when it will dry..... I KNOW IT S NOT GOING TO DRY... ANY SUGGESTIONS... I KNOW I AM f****d UP. I FEEL REALLY BAD. I think that I could have done Better.. I mean the sides came out GOOD....

I feel like :poop

ahh @#$% I dont know

:mad

Archived