HI GUYS HELP ME..

Guest BigZ

Tell this story to the next newbie that says this shiot is easy. :poop

I Know this sh.I.t is not Easy.. YOU NEED PATIENCE... BUT @#$% 6 hrs of Patience.. :inot ... OT how do you DO the Back of 90 Vette Hatch...

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do em like Johnnytint.  I've done them in one, but the defrosters are soo damn thick, it's a battle, and you don't gain anything if you can seam well. Pays to know how to seam sometimes.

I did it like Jonny Tint. I 3 Pieced it.. But Seeming is not the Problem the PRoblem was Shirkning on the Curve and the Circle....

that biotch took the most of the time I did the sides like 8 times. 3 on the leftside and 5 on the right CURVE side...I think if you shrink the curve with bouce its a little eaier but then the Damn CIrcle( I did'nt Took the Circle OFF, SHOULD I TAKE OFF THOSE PISTONS NExt time?). I could not shrink good against the Circle... I think that was the most Biotchy part for me....

THE MIDDLE was like strawberry&CHEESE CAKE.... BUTT>.................

:poop

Guest Eclipse

:rollin If Im the newbie.....I didn't mean to infer that it was a piece of cake. It is a pain in the ass, but doable.

I am sorry to hear that it went so bad for you. Good luck finding a back window in the junkyard. Last I heard they quit making them and a local glass shop bought the last one in the USA and paid around $4,000 for it.

:lol6

Feel free to call me and I will try and tell you how we do it.

Bummer man

That sucks!

Guest SQUEEGEE
I do em like Johnnytint.  I've done them in one, but the defrosters are soo damn thick, it's a battle, and you don't gain anything if you can seam well. Pays to know how to seam sometimes.

I did it like Jonny Tint. I 3 Pieced it.. But Seeming is not the Problem the PRoblem was Shirkning on the Curve and the Circle....

that biotch took the most of the time I did the sides like 8 times. 3 on the leftside and 5 on the right CURVE side...I think if you shrink the curve with bouce its a little eaier but then the Damn CIrcle( I did'nt Took the Circle OFF, SHOULD I TAKE OFF THOSE PISTONS NExt time?). I could not shrink good against the Circle... I think that was the most Biotchy part for me....

THE MIDDLE was like strawberry&CHEESE CAKE.... BUTT>.................

:cool

The tint only shrinks towards the factory edge. I'm sure that's where you had your problem.

You should have precut 3-seperate pieces then shrunk them towards the factory edge accordingly.

Wet shrinking it in three pieces is not that difficult. Must have a steady hand because the defrosters are fuggin' thick. One bump off track and it'll show.

Guest SQUEEGEE

Big Z,

Unless you have tinted daily for 7-months I wouldn't have even attempted to tint a vette - any vette. Only a Mitsu 3000GT or VW bug would give you more problems on the rollups.

The back glass you found to be quite the pain in the ass for sure.

Good luck on those in the future and price accordingly only if you know you can deliver the goods. :cool

Big Z,

Unless you have tinted daily for 7-months I wouldn't have even attempted to tint a vette - any vette.  Only a Mitsu 3000GT or VW bug would give you more problems on the rollups.

The back glass you found to be quite the pain in the ass for sure.

Good luck on those in the future and price accordingly only if you know you can deliver the goods.  :cool

Blieve it or not... I went to Learn Tint in July Of last Year. and THEN STARTED TINTing. ... FIRst Month I was doing 2 peices. After I saw the BabyPowder on this FORUM.. (ILOVE THIS FORUM, MADE me a OKAY Tinter,) I was doing windows one peice... IDid 3000gt. the Sides I have to Shrink from top and Bottom. I t was not hard..... cuz of the windows being Frameless... I also worked for SOLAR SoLUTion at the Rallye MERCEdes and BMW. I was doing new cars with Genero.. He is nice to work with(REAL COOL GUYs, BRIAN AND HIM) he taught me the Dry Shrinking with Bounce... after a Week WIth Him was doing it BOunce Shrinking with white knight (hard Card) I know most of the ppl use thier gloves.. But I think hard card is a little Harder to doo but it is very Nice.... ITs not like I just Learned the Tint a month ago and I attempted on the vette... BUT FOr Some Reason... I Could'nt get it Right... ( SInce June I know 4 methods of back glass SHRinking. BabyPowder, BOunce, Plexus, and WEt)..AND I TRIED ALL @#$% 4 methods on this Car...... I did Pre cut and Shrinked indi'vidually... YOU know wut it is is that IF I see some one doing it.. Iwill Get it right away... I am Pretty SUre...I also think that I should have Taken off the Pistons.. Cuz around the circle I did'nt Get a GooD Shrink... ANy Ways I am Not going to Quite on that Car,, I wil FInd SOme one that has this Car and I will practice it...... and I didnt know the back glass Cost That Much of this Car..... ANd Blieve me I dont Quit Easily... ANd the Tint that I am Using is Very Easy to SHrink... also...... I think I DONT have wut it takes, just Now..... But I think I will Try Hard enough TO make it MY WAY.......

Guest thetintshop

here's how to solve your problem--price them for the trouble they're worth. if they're anything like the vette owners here in texas, they don't want to pay more than about $85. I mean "my god, there's only 3 windows". (I actually had a customer say that to me once when I quoted him $225) :woowoo

here's how to solve your problem--price them for the trouble they're worth. if they're anything like the vette owners here in texas, they don't want to pay more than about $85. I mean "my god, there's only 3 windows". (I actually had a customer say that to me once when I quoted him $225) :rollin

ur right... I would also done this Car for more the 200 dollars.. This is a Body SHop owner. I went to Him and gave him my card. He showed me this vette... He was like can you do it. I was like NO.... Then he said well I will Give you biusnees it all depends on this Car... SO I kind like let me tryit... SO I gave him the dealer kind of price.... I should have never Done it in the FIrst place... BUt I wanted to try this Car OUt...

Archived