really considering not tinting cars over 5 years old anymore

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean Tim. I book plenty of jobs that I prat pull no shows. But I still book them because I tint windows for a living.

Yeah, I'll book pretty much everything, but I remember we kept track for a couple weeks here recently. 2 out of 13 cars that the year started with a 199_ showed up and one of those missed it's first appointment. :krazy

When I tint older cars I tape the gaskets (even without felt) after cleaning them with a hard card and shammy. I jam it into the Gaskets and swipe that pos till it's clean. I do that on all cars now. It works and helps to achieve a clean install.

the way I see it, is that I advertise that my company tints windows. So in come joe smith to get his car tinted by my company that tints windows. Now because joe's car is not new or clean enough for my liking. I am not willing to tint joe's car. by doing this my company would look incompetent and unprofessional .

the way I see it, is that I advertise that my company tints windows. So in come joe smith to get his car tinted by my company that tints windows. Now because joe's car is not new or clean enough for my liking. I am not willing to tint joe's car. by doing this my company would look incompetent and unprofessional .

Oh yes totally

Most of what I turn away is 60's mustangs/camaros, which I would only do in a shop away w/ peel board and away from the custy. I also turn away 80's p/u's for the fact that their mostly likely dirtier than shiat, have front 1/4's, 4 piece back and can't afford the price I would have to charge for it.

Oh yea, the 80's vette with struts.....no thanks.

we don't really have many older cars and the ppl that want limo all around, which we won't do, usually have cars that are pre 2007, I might be killing 2 birds with one stone by just not attracting those customers to my door. People hang out with people of the same class and tax bracket, so if I do one old car, I will do another one next week for his buddy's cousin's in laws, and he will want 5% on the windshield and I will say no and then I will be an ass...I'd rather attract nicer cars and have happier, legal customers.

Archived