Bugging your Manny

How many people pester their manufacturer/Distributer for info? I have read on a number of posts and also hear it quite often that we feel neglected or left out of the loop on new happenings in the industry.

I make a point of ringing my 3 best suppliers every other week (on their toll free number) whenever I get a slow period. Its amazing the info you get, tips, deals and help that you would otherwise miss out on.

Any other POV's ?? :unsure:

I was wondering this myself.

Judging from the calls I get not many suppliers take any effort to do much more than sell a roll of film.

You really have to have a passion for this business to go to the lengths that some of us do, to some its just a paycheck and that's it.

exactimondo Tim. tinting gets in your blood and we leave a lot of that blood on the workshop floor too.

But seriously, we are in a recessionary period, you would think your suppliers would be keeping in touch a bit more looking for a sale or to flip you away from the opposition, I know I'm working a lot harder these days to make the same dollars I used to make. But by keeping in touch I get great deals on part rolls and odds and ends and all the time developing a closer relationship with my suppliers.

The extra help you get is well worth the time (and you sometimes inadvertantly find out a bit of goss about your competitor down the road)

Guest VaTinterPMan

It amazes me every time I call suntek to place an order. I feel as though I need to apologize for interrupting their busy day....

why are you still with them?

Debbie at ASWF is awesome!

Yep your right Debbie is awesome...

It amazes me every time I call suntek to place an order. I feel as though I need to apologize for interrupting their busy day....

Debbie at ASWF is awesome!

I know of plenty of films that would love to have your business. Even one that Tint Stuff visited not long ago...

:dunno Good question. Just haven't had all that many good responses from reps of a bunch of different man/dist I have contacted. LOTS of bad first impressions and still amazed how after 2-3 different calls requesting some type of literature on their product they neglect to deliver. Tired of looking right now I suppose. Best overall response I've had was from JWF. Just wish they had 72" goods and I'd give em a shot.

Never looked into ASWF may give em a call. :thumb

Archived