Bugging your Manny

It amazes me every time I call suntek to place an order. I feel as though I need to apologize for interrupting their busy day....

Dana always seems to be polite and helpful but if you get a guy on the phone then yes, I know exactly what you mean. "Sunteksouththisischadhowcanihelpyou" .... sorry, are you in a hurry?

How important is products vs. service?

If you answer this, let me know if you are an auto or flat dealer.

Cheers!

I do both auto and flat glass.

The product has to be good or we wouldnt use it, ie it must be easy to work with and sell and of a quality level high enough that we are not harming our business with endless warranty claims and / or customer complaints but that would seem to be a no- brainer

If we are taking the time to ring a wholesaler though , 9 times out of 10 we are requiring service/ advice of some sort or another otherwise if it was just an order we could have faxed or emailed.

I have naturally tended to gravitate towards the wholesaler who is genuinely interested in helping.

There is a lot of different film out there, the point of difference is the service you receive.

How important is products vs. service?

If you answer this, let me know if you are an auto or flat dealer.

Cheers!

FG.

I think they are equally important, although I don't think they are given equally. (Which is something that is totally achiveable, IMO.)

It amazes me every time I call suntek to place an order. I feel as though I need to apologize for interrupting their busy day....

Dana always seems to be polite and helpful but if you get a guy on the phone then yes, I know exactly what you mean. "Sunteksouththisischadhowcanihelpyou" .... sorry, are you in a hurry?

Suntek SW is here locally and in years of ordering, I don't think I've ever talked to a guy. Its usually one of two girls I talked to and they're always cool.

Last year I went into suntek wearing a sungard shirt. They gave me a free shirt and said I would look better wearing it.

:spit

I know exactly what you mean.. I get him everytime!

I make a point of ringing my 3 best suppliers every other week (on their toll free number) whenever I get a slow period. Its amazing the info you get, tips, deals and help that you would otherwise miss out on.

Good point but I prefer to email, cos I only call for urgent matters. then I gauge the quality of answer that they give me.

Archived