Windshields???

Guest VaTinterPMan

Guest VaTinterPMan

Ok, First off I know how to shrink and install and everything like that...I do a fare share of w/s but we have a State Inspection Sticker that goes right in the middle of w/s on the bottom.

Now what I have done before and still do to this day is, cut a 1/2 inch all the way around the sticker and install. So in the final product it looks like a upside down U " but with str8 lines "

We have to have these stickers " blah blah blah :bs is what it is " And we have to get out cars inspected every year. I just tell my customers now that, this is the only way it can be done. And also to tell the dealer-ship/Mechanic that the front window is tinted and to be careful removing last years sticker before putting the new one on.

I really cant think of anything to tell you the truth, besides like painting a dot matrix or border or something so it would look more professional. And also cause I have the sample of the LDA 70% Blue from Express Window Films...Kinda siked to see how it looks....

Thanks for any advice or anything youll can throw my way.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VaTinterPMan

Here is the sticker I am talking about....Only the Yellow one....This one is a older pic...The Blue one we had used to be for our County Decals. But they did away with them....

IMG_0641.jpg

Yesterday I changed my sticker on my work truck with a 75% film on the windshield. I did this three years ago. I put a small piece of AG film under the sticker. The sticker just peels right off leaving the AG on the windshield.

Guest VaTinterPMan

Some good Ideas I never thought about before. Thanks Bama and Eastwood. Yeah the Sticker has to be on the windshield, it shows that the car passed inspection for Va so it is safe to be on State Roads without being a Hazard to other drivers.

I think it is the biggest crock of :poop ever But what can you do. At least we don't have to have the county decal sticker anymore.....

Archived