New member + tinter + just want to say hello

Hello all!

I have been reading these forums for the past few months and hands down, the most useful and helpful place to get tinting tips from! However, I thought to myself that it's unfair reading peoples posts about tips etc and not thanking them or even saying something myself. So, thank you all for your amazing help to us newbies.

Since I'm posting, I might as well tell you guys a but about myself. Yes, I'm new to tinting. Very new. I began tinting in June 2012 at a tinting course I found online. Having finished the course, I thought to myself, no way am I going to be able to do this stuff. It just seems so difficult and you need a lot of patience as well (which I dont have! And I'm afraid one day I will get so frustrated I am going to punch through a window whilst tinting it). However, I put my patience and luck to the test and started working on a car, which I successfully installed perfectly. That had obviously boosted my confidence.

These are the cars I've worked on til this day are (none of them are customers cars, as I don't believe I am good enough to be paid for this yet), they are all friends cars and all are in order of doing them:

Vauxhall Corse (3 door) 2003 model. Duration - 2.5 hours

Audi A3 (3 door) 2003 model. Duration - 2.5 hours

Toyota Celica 2004 model. Duration - 3 hours

VW Golf R32 (3 door) 2003 model. Duration - 3 hours

Peugeot Partner Van - 2 hours

BMW 335i (3 door) - 2008 model. 4 hours

Mercedes S280 - 2001 Model - 5 hours

Smart fortwo. 2008 model - 1.5 hours.

All of them had all windows done (of not the windscreen).

I have pictures of most of the cars when finished on my camera and will upload them when I have time (hopefully over the weekend).

But yeh, that's me. I know this is nothing to most of you who probably tint this many cars in a matter of a few days, but you're professionals, I'm not. I am still in my final year of uni and I try to fit a car into my uni+working life whenever I can.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:waving Hi! Seems like you've jumped right in, good for you!!

Take a moment to think about subscribing. The secret is to pay it forward! :thumb

Guest nordfink

:waving Hi! Seems like you've jumped right in, good for you!!

Take a moment to think about subscribing. The secret is to pay it forward! :thumb

:bingo

Worth every penny

Exactly this... Welcome!

Archived