Experimenting with positioning those better film installs.

This week I've been playing with a new way of introducing our best film offering to the customer in a more palatable manner.

This is a response form I use for emails, but I use this similar strategy in conversation. Essentially my suggestion from the start is that my best film is out biggest seller and must popular film.

"Our most popular film a Ceramic film that offers very high heat rejection and will not interfere with electronic signals such as rear window antennas, radar detectors and GPS units with a going price of $ . Our next best is a High Performance film with close to the same level of heat rejection and a great manufacturers Lifetime warranty that includes color change which many do not for $ . We also offer a great standard Lifetime warranty film that carries the same warranty without the high heat rejection for $ ."

I try and emphasize on our high end film being that chosen by most customers and being the best value per dollar.

Maybe this will help some others

This week I've been playing with a new way of introducing our best film offering to the customer in a more palatable manner.

This is a response form I use for emails, but I use this similar strategy in conversation. Essentially my suggestion from the start is that my best film is out biggest seller and must popular film.

"Our most popular film a Ceramic film that offers very high heat rejection and will not interfere with electronic signals such as rear window antennas, radar detectors and GPS units with a going price of $ . Our next best is a High Performance film with close to the same level of heat rejection and a great manufacturers Lifetime warranty that includes color change which many do not for $ . We also offer a great standard Lifetime warranty film that carries the same warranty without the high heat rejection for $ ."

I try and emphasize on our high end film being that chosen by most customers and being the best value per dollar.

Maybe this will help some others

Nice approach. :thumb

I've found success in telling the customer that you offer "Best"|"Best"|"Best" in each class (or technology) of film. So rather than giving a traditional upsell from "Good" to "Better" to "Best" you are showing your customer that no matter what their decision is, they can be confident that they are getting the best in class. This tends to keep people from looking elsewhere if all they can afford is your entry-level option. :beer

So a little update, if might me the sales strategy, or just people having a bit more money from taxes this time of year. I did CTX on a Mazda 3 saturday, subaru WRX monday, Passat today, and have an M5 and Chrysler 200 scheduled tomorrow. These are in the $3xx range for all of them and they pretty much stopped me from giving my lower priced options as I was giving a run down of the pricing. I feel it's been an effective way to pull the bandaid off fast for the higher priced jobs and they don't have their mind made up before they here your best option. The upside of this, my Chrysler 200 is a CTX/AB80 customer previously and that is what she asked for when getting the price. You might also note, none of them, save for the M5 are high end vehicles, so even people in average cars are interested in above average tint. I'm always reminded of this $500 job in CTX and Air Blue

2011-04-21094315_Albuquerque_NewMexico_US.jpg

I really agree with your approach!

One thing I would be cautious of is raising new objections by talking about radio signal reduction due to the use of metalized films. The reason I am nervous about this is some that many customers are still going to choose metalized films. Are you making it harder to close the deal by trying to upsell the product?

Just my thoughts. Very good strategy!

Tim

Archived