Cost Per Cut - What is your average cost of film per car cut?

Ridler

I've looked around for a while on the site and did a bunch a different searches and couldn't find what I was looking for. So I thought it would be faster to just post a topic.

I've just bought a plotter and I'm in the process of selecting a software program for it. I'm curious to know what the the average cost of film is per car cut on the plotter? I'm not looking for an exact amount just a range. Such as 5% to 35% per car, depending on the car/truck or film your using.

Can anyone give me an idea? The cost should be very similar to cutting by hand although your waste should be minimized with the plotter.

Your film is a fixed cost. Add up how many s/f the car requires and x it by your material cost....pretty simple. Your other soft costs will likely be different than someone else so that is irrelevant.

Spend some time looking around for tutorials on making profit charts with spreadsheet. My brother is very good with that type of chit and whipped one together for us. Pretty damn accurate and lays out how much....or how little :gasp, profit there is. It is applicable to everything we do. Auto, FG, solar shades , construction services, window sales. It is cool to look back monthly at each division and see the margins and stuff. But it is compiled in once place to get the big picture.

We find it to be helpful for setting realistic goals and knowing where/when money for material stock, advertisement, web development is more suitable. :twocents

Spend some time looking around for tutorials on making profit charts with spreadsheet. My brother is very good with that type of chit and whipped one together for us. Pretty damn accurate and lays out how much....or how little :gasp, profit there is. It is applicable to everything we do. Auto, FG, solar shades , construction services, window sales. It is cool to look back monthly at each division and see the margins and stuff. But it is compiled in once place to get the big picture.

We find it to be helpful for setting realistic goals and knowing where/when money for material stock, advertisement, web development is more suitable. :twocents

Thanks for the advice. Exactly what I was looking for. Let me know if you would be willing to share yours. Just the layout would be helpful.

Archived