coming soon to your city?

We had that situation for years, it is a conflict of interest. The best thing to do is find another material to offer. If you buy film from them, you fund their operation to compete against you.

Certainly helps you appreciate the few distributors that don't compete against their dealers, especially in the commercial market.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

Hmmm. Factory direct, right through the hearts of the dealers. They do however, really have their stuff together. I think this is more of a Saint Gobain move, but that's just my theory.

Hmmm. Factory direct, right through the hearts of the dealers. They do however, really have their stuff together. I think this is more of a Saint Gobain move, but that's just my theory.

Probably so Snappy.....still got to make ya wonder what their thinking. Since S Gobain took over they have lost a lot of great people to Madico.

My guess is they flood the market harking the Panarama brand and a price that can't be refused.

Known as a branded shop; aka new direction in brand management similar to Apple stores, Starbuck stores, etc.

Edit: Oh wait, forgot the second branded tint store F1.

We developed Autobahn to compete with this... Dealer owned, dealer operated, proprietary films, with practical updated marketing, training, and tech support. No factory direct to retail customer, never done it, no plans to ever do it to our dealers.

On the flat glass side we are the first supplier that I know of to sign an NDA and a Non-compete on dealer generated projects. We do everything to send the message that we do not want to circumvent you guys. :beer

This fits right in with pollitics. In general, if there is a local mom and pop shop, or a large corporation doing something that you disagree with, make a statement with your pocketbook. For instance, for any state that is "blue", we never purchased from them, whether it was for business or personal use.

You will have a hard time getting anyone to stop purchasing film from SG unless the same happens to them. So many mfg's have done similat things, and moreso, distibutors. If it is really THAT important to you, get a list of anyone and everyone who buys SG, and call them and express your concern. Many people will dismiss you, untill it happens to them, however, you will have at least been more proactive than posting about it here. I can make the promise to you that I personally wont purchase from SG, nor will I purchase anymore from Madico, in which is a little easier for me since Im going through a divorce and my wife keeps the company, but my wife feels the same way I do.

Good luck.

Archived