coming soon to your city?

This fits right in with pollitics. In general, if there is a local mom and pop shop, or a large corporation doing something that you disagree with, make a statement with your pocketbook. For instance, for any state that is "blue", we never purchased from them, whether it was for business or personal use.

You will have a hard time getting anyone to stop purchasing film from SG unless the same happens to them. So many mfg's have done similat things, and moreso, distibutors. If it is really THAT important to you, get a list of anyone and everyone who buys SG, and call them and express your concern. Many people will dismiss you, untill it happens to them, however, you will have at least been more proactive than posting about it here. I can make the promise to you that I personally wont purchase from SG, nor will I purchase anymore from Madico, in which is a little easier for me since Im going through a divorce and my wife keeps the company, but my wife feels the same way I do.

Good luck.

Thanks TJ. I am not advocating boycotting Solar Gard by any means. If I was a SG dealer, I am sure I would feel extremely upset but I'm not. Knowing the power of the relationship our business has with our distributor (Huper Optik), it's hard for me to understand why a manufacturer would sacrifice their relationships with their dealers. It takes a lot of work to build trust between companies. I find it hard to believe a dealer would bring a business opportunity to Solar Gard or any of the other distributors that have a history of becoming a "dealer" when a profitable job comes by. My experience with Huper has been different. They say that the best thing that can happen to them is that we do well. It makes sense to me. Everybody wins.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sgrva

As the owners of the newly opened Solar Gard store in Richmond, Virginia we wanted to reach out and clear up any confusion around our store. This is not a company-owned store or a factory store, we are in fact working as a licensed business and are an independent entity in partnership with Solar Gard, who is committed to supporting all of their dealers. This fantastic opportunity is open to any dealer and we'd encourage anyone interested to take advantage of the tools and support provided by Solar Gard. If you're interested in opening a licensed store, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or we will gladly put you in touch with someone at Solar Gard. Proud Independent Owners - Brian & Jim.

Guest Solar Gard

We can confirm that the Solar Gard Store, opened last week in Richmond, VA, is the result of another hand-in-hand partnership with a local dealer – not a company-owned store. Brian and Jim are a seasoned aftermarket automotive team who recognized and wanted to work with the Solar Gard and Saint-Gobain brands, and therefore they have opened the Solar Gard Store as a 100%-licensed and loyal business under our identity, while still operating as an independent entity.

We have been committed to partnering with window film dealers across the globe for over 30 years at Solar Gard, providing the resources and support to grow their businesses, like Solar Gard Partner Points (that gives back to dealers with every Solar Gard purchase), best-in-class service and support, and industry-leading education and events. We truly value our strong network of independent, entrepreneurial dealers and recognize that they are the core of our success. We are here to help and offer all window film dealers the confidence to succeed through these innovative programs and are open to discussing any concerns or opportunities you have.

For more information on partnering with Solar Gard to open a licensed store, please contact us today at dealermarketing@solargard.com.

As the owners of the newly opened Solar Gard store in Richmond, Virginia we wanted to reach out and clear up any confusion around our store. This is not a company-owned store or a factory store, we are in fact working as a licensed business and are an independent entity in partnership with Solar Gard, who is committed to supporting all of their dealers. This fantastic opportunity is open to any dealer and we'd encourage anyone interested to take advantage of the tools and support provided by Solar Gard. If you're interested in opening a licensed store, please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or we will gladly put you in touch with someone at Solar Gard. Proud Independent Owners - Brian & Jim.

Thanks for clearing up the situation. Interesting idea. I can see how it might not be well recieved with other SG installers though.

Archived