Freehand Tinting

Hey, just thought id share some muck about tinting I did on my weekend cruiser a while ago, and was wondering if anyone else has any photos of anything similar they have done!?

Both these logos I had blown up from small pictures I had (very pixelated when blown up!) and then I free hand traced them onto film.

This is my car but I dont have any recent with the custom tint job as yet..

Image000-1.jpg

On the rear window I used a flat glass reflective film, may have been MG10? but I cant remember, then I tinted over top with HP Green 35%

rearwindowsmall.jpg

The sides I tinted in HP Green 35 aswell, then cut this logo out in HP Green 35 and put it on top. Just so it is a suttle look, and you can only see it when your on the right angle, otherwise it doesnt appear to be there.

Contemplating weather to tint overtop of it all with something, maybe a 50% or something just to darken it off a smidgen... unsure yet

epicswindow.jpg

I have done a couple of other little projects like this on a few mates cars, ill find some pics and post them up. Anyone else??

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work Chappy :thumb . I used to do stuff like that when I was younger and more enthusiastic (and worked for a boss), Silver flames, bit of red outline, overlaid with a 35% or 20% black...Aussie flags etc ...these days I just don't have the time.

All about the money now. :lol

that looks pretty neat! Good idea using the liner to hold it in place. When I tinted the sharp/thin/intricate details of my designs, I take the backing sheet off and place the film on the glass as per norm, but I then take a larger piece of backing sheet and place it over top of the film and squeegee over top, so the squeegee wont grab any corners.

Anyways here is a another pic of something simple I did on my mates Mazda6.

35%, with a 3" gold band up the top of the glass, and the gold "zoom zoom" logo in the back window

011.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

that looks pretty neat! Good idea using the liner to hold it in place. When I tinted the sharp/thin/intricate details of my designs, I take the backing sheet off and place the film on the glass as per norm, but I then take a larger piece of backing sheet and place it over top of the film and squeegee over top, so the squeegee wont grab any corners.

Anyways here is a another pic of something simple I did on my mates Mazda6.

35%, with a 3" gold band up the top of the glass, and the gold "zoom zoom" logo in the back window

011.jpg

009.jpg

007.jpg

Do you install the gold first then the auto film over it?

Archived