Made in the USA

Not allowed to reproduce it without permission but the new issue of US Glass has an interesting article about the Fedral Trade Commision's "Made in the USA" Act that gives definition to the term and gives them the power of law enforcement against false claims.

<sarcasm>Well we all know how noble the government is, and that they only want what is in America's best interest and is always pro-business, so I'm sure this wont be corrupted at all.

Since the governmant makes it so easy to run a factory in America, all those Chinese slave made goods in the stores will be disappearing soon.</sarcasm>

So, say I run a widget factory in America, between the high taxes, unions and gov red tape and regulations, I can barely keep the doors open and China is offering to make my widgets for 10% of what it costs me.

Now the gov is adding yet another layer of bureaucracy to my business to ensure my widgets are American made. Final straw, I close the doors and start importing my widgets from China.

So, say I run a widget factory in America, between the high taxes, unions and gov red tape and regulations, I can barely keep the doors open and China is offering to make my widgets for 10% of what it costs me.

Now the gov is adding yet another layer of bureaucracy to my business to ensure my widgets are American made. Final straw, I close the doors and start importing my widgets from China.

Where is the patriotism?

Where is the patriotism?

I think you misunderstand my post, I am a patriot, if we could get the corrupt gov off our backs, this country could be a powerhouse again, but instead, all this new bureaucracy will accomplish is hand more manufacturing to China, just as intended.

I am a patriot.

I'm just bustin your chops... I was actually thinking this morning about starting a thread , and asking if local politicians around the country were as corrupt as the national ones we see in the media. I know they are in handcuffs all the time around here.

I'm just bustin your chops... I was actually thinking this morning about starting a thread , and asking if local politicians around the country were as corrupt as the national ones we see in the media. I know they are in handcuffs all the time around here.

If we had an honest media, the poeple would tar and feather these treasonous usurpers.

But, the media is totally controled with an obvious agenda.

I'm starting to get off into politics, I should stop.

Archived