If you had $20,000 to invest in your business?

If you had $20,000 to invest in your business, what would you do? We just recently epoxied our shop floor, redid our showroom floor with tile and reprinted walls, have remote starter, tint, audio displays coming.

For auto? I guess I could freshen up the shop, but if I had no reason to believe it was holding be back from getting business, I would do nothing.

For flat glass? Well....I suppose I would first make sure the biz is debt free, and use the $20k, or some of it to make sure that it was. After that, I suppose I would make sure all my biz related vehicles are road worthy. Then, if it was $20k to spend all the way, Id start making decisions on where to advertise and spend the money to make money.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm 20 grand...get out of the tinting biz and use it towards a higher education and get a real job edit: with a retirement plan. lol.

haha retirement plan. whats that. I think being a business owner is the only job left that you may get one. well one that you can control.

Auto Guy with a location - Invest $3-5,000 in making the showroom look very clean and professional. This can be done on a VERY tight budget, you want top dollar prices you need a top dollar shop. Clean, painted, no old used car windows as your only film display. Spend $100 to have someone hypnotize the hoarder out of me that everyone of us seems to get when we have a shop, throw out all that junk that has an inch of dust on it.

New uniforms, nice logo, business cards, invest in a solid website, use a little of the cash to cover expenses while I spend a few days working on a business plan, job descriptions and policies for my business (A la' the "E-Myth" book)

I could go on and on but I would spend less than half of it. The rest would be working capital that I would try not to touch. I went high priorities first.

Archived